New Construction - Builder's appliances? Or Choose my Own?
I'm new here and can't wait to look around all these forums. We are currently in the process of choosing a new construction home in a development. One of the things we are considering are some upgrades to the kitchen.
I've done about all the research I can do with appliance "reviews" on websites. Based on these reviews it seems like maybe the builder's kitchen appliances aren't so great (GE). So I thought maybe we should consider negotiating a credit for those appliances and purchasing our own. Here are my questions:
1) Does anyone have experience with GE appliances? We have the option to "upgrade" to GE Profile..are those worth it instead?
2) How important is it for the appliances to "match" (in terms of brand, not in terms of color)?
3) Does anyone have experience with Whirlpool Gold appliances? I have several model #s that I have researched and they seem to get good reviews and be within our modest budget.
4) Does anyone have another brand line (beyond GE and Whirlpool) that they have extremely good or extremely bad experiences with to share that would help me find the best brand for our needs?
5) HHGregg has popped up in my area. Does anyone have any experience buying from this retailer? Their installation? Etc? Or are we better off with Sears or another retailer?
Thank you in advance for your thoughts!