Bosch dishwasher door wobbles a little

Valerie EmmerichSeptember 12, 2013

We have a Bosch dishwasher, model SHX5AL, bought about 4 or so years ago. It's great (if a little small) but recently I noticed that when I close the door, even if not completely, the door seems to wobble a little. My husband says his usual, "Don't worry about it," but I wonder if there's some way to tighten it. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bevwinchester

Ha, I hear you on that! That damn dishwasher door would have to fall completely off before my DH would worry about it! No Bosch ( I would love to have 1 of their new ones)- but I own a 4 year old KA & the door squeaks horribly & the racks are a battle to pull in & out! Don't we just love (hate) our appliances?

Bookmark   September 14, 2013 at 11:33AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jwvideo

Wobbling is not normal.

Can anything be done to fix it?

Sure. But I'm not clear what you mean by wobbling.

Are you saying that the top catch is a bit loose so the door does not seal tight? That is a worn or loose door latch assembly.

Or is the door wobbling side-to-side and up-and-down from the bottom? That would (most likely) be a worn, broken or loose door hinge on one side or the other of the inside base of the door.

If it is either one of those things, it will get worse over time and soone or later the door will leak.

First step for me would be to use the full model number to see if I could find a parts diagram at a site like Sears Parts Direct. That will give me an idea of how the thing works and how easy (or hard) it may be to get into the assembly.

I also would search at youtube. A quick pass turned up these videos which might help visualize the possible problems and solutions.

Latch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gub9I5RFeiI

Hinge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9NjwCZHfI8

Or, you could just call an appliance repair service.

If memory serves (it usually does, but not always), I think the door mechnicals only have standard 1-year-from-purchase warranty. Have a look at your owner's manual, though, just to be sure.

Hope this helps.

This post was edited by JWVideo on Sat, Sep 14, 13 at 13:34

Bookmark   September 14, 2013 at 1:27PM
More Discussions
good experience with AJ Madison
Got a really good deal on $5k worth of Bosch appliances...
logastellus
Who makes Counter Depth fridge less than 36" wide
Hi, who makes a counter depth fridge that is only say...
Brad Goodyear
Best place to buy appliance parts
I have a GE range (6 yrs of age) for which I need parts....
puzzlefan
Island hood location/height
I've got a cooktop that's 20" X 37" that...
dickross
Capital Range Customer Service
Mostly people write on the internet forums, such as...
willinak
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™