Ordering Cabinets

kberrie1August 29, 2012

We break ground this week (yeah!) and have already decided to use the Shenandoah line from Lowes for our cabinets.

With that in mind, Shenandoah is running a very good promo until Sep. 3rd. Free glaze (ours is $1900.00 worth), free sink (I know they have this anytime), free wastebasket (~$400.00), free hardware (~$200), free Wood-Tier Cutlery Divder (~150.00), and instant savings (ours would be $1600.00).

So, our first quote for $13500.00 is now around $9800.00.

My kitchen layout is not complicated and their are no "too close measurements". It's pretty straight.

Would you go ahead and order? The lady at Lowes said Shenandoah will hold your order for 6 months.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chibimimi

What's the worst that can happen if you have to change or cancel your order? Do you lose a deposit? If you have to change some cabinets, can you get all the others at the sale price?

If there's no downside to this, go ahead and do it.

Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 9:20AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GreenDesigns

That promo has been running in one form or another since December of last year. When it expires, it will be renewed again. You are not under any great pressure to decide now, and there is NO way I'd ever recommend finalizing any cabinet order until the drywall is up and you can take final measurements. There are way too many possible changes that occur between now and then, and if you sign off on that order based on plans, and the dimensions aren't correct, then you are the one that ends up eating any errors here, plus the extra time to reorder for the mistakes. If the installer comes and does the final measure, then any errors are on his dime. (Don't forget that in most states, if the company that sells you cabinets also installs them, you do not pay sales tax on them.)

Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 9:27AM
More Discussions
Floorplan advice
We are a family of 4 with 2 young kids ages 3 and 10...
Butternut
Revised Floor Plan - Please Critique
We're building our first house this Spring and are...
zeugirdorxela
Floorplan Feedback-I think we're getting close!
This is the upstairs. The office in the lower corner...
edwardshome
building a simple modern farm house on a budget
I am planning to build a simple modern looking farmhouse...
usalli
Master Bedroom Floorplan Review
Hello, I am currently working on building a new house...
mary8153
Sponsored Products
Antique Silver Trunk Cabinet
$374.99 | Dot & Bo
P306 Turquoise Ensemble Chrome/Hardware
PLFixtures
Stein World Lucas Cabinet
Beyond Stores
Jon Gilmore Round N' Round 32 in. Wall Clock - IFC3200
$517.50 | Hayneedle
Averex Sofa Sectional
Opulent Items