How to update Adobe

barb_roselover_inJuly 20, 2014

I have been trying to print out a message that I need to have, and my computer says that I need to go into Microsoft and something about add-ons. I have not been able to accomplish this. Can anybody give me some help. Thanks in advance. Barb

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aputernut

Your message is confusing, you are asking about Adobe, then switch to add-on's? you can manage add-on's when browser is open up at Tools you will find manage add-ons For Adobe are you referring to Adobe Reader or Adobe Flash you will find them in your programs if you have them if not use your search engine in your browser and get download there. If you have Adobe in programs open it and under help you will find check for update.

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 11:34PM
barb_roselover_in

I was trying to print out an e-mail that I got and it said something like one of my Adobe programs was disabled and to go to Internet Explorer and push to enable the add-ons from Adobe, It did not say which one. My son said that I could find it down at the bottom of the screen but I was unsuccessful. I know just enough of this stuff to get by with what I am doing; thus I am no "computer nut". Sorry for my inexperience. Barb

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 12:57AM
aputernut

In IE=internet explorer up on top is a gear shaped icon , this is Tools, put cursor there and on drop down menu should be manage add-ons there you can enable Adobe and any other add-ons you wish.

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 10:09AM
barb_roselover_in

Thank you, thank you ,Aputernut , for taking the time to try and help me. I will try to follow your instructions. It was very kind of you to answer. Barb

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 10:56AM
DA_Mccoy

Do as previously suggested in Manage Add-Ons.

If you cannot locate an Adobe Product you may have to:

In the left pane of the appearing window you will see "Show: Currently loaded add-ons" with an arrow head at the end. Click on the arrow head and select "Run Without Permission". The Adobe product, probably Reader or Flash Player or both, will appear and indicate if it is enabled or disabled. If disabled right click on the entry, and select enable from the appearing drop down menu.

So easy even I can do it.

DA

This post was edited by damccoy on Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 18:44

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 11:23AM
More Discussions
What's with this new Houzz thing?
Been away a couple days, and came back to this, what...
shaddy101
Helping a elderly friend with their computer remotely
She is in her 90's, lives alone and needs help with...
jane__ny
Owbist Where is Owbist?
Did he cash in? Haven't seen his dulcet tones since B4...
mxyplux
which tablet
Shopping for a friend's 11yr old GD who wants a 10"...
abreeze
Basic Video Help Needed
I know almost nothing about getting videos from video...
chas045
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™