Pretty non-comfort height toilets?

cathie2029October 22, 2012

Argh!! Every toilet seems to be comfort height and elongated, both of which I strongly dislike. Did anyone recently purchase a toilet that they like that resembles the kolher Memoirs, that is normal- round and non comfort height? Thank you

ps. oh and where did you purchase it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mydreamhome

The Kohler Memoirs line used to be available in the round front standard height until recently. My mom has one in her powder room. I bet you can still find one if you look around, then you won't have to settle.

Hope this helps!

Bookmark   October 24, 2012 at 6:59PM
cathie2029

Hi! I did I'm desperate here.. Every site I go to is discontinued. Argh! What is with this new trend? I know that 95% of the population in this country does not need an ADA compliant toilet!!! I guess I'll end up getting a boring old typical toilet. What a bummer!

Bookmark   October 24, 2012 at 8:15PM
vp_78

Sorry, I have no good recommendations for you on what to get, but just want to say that, whatever you do, stick to your guns about NOT getting the "comfort Height". We did -- in a kids bathroom no less -- and I regret that decision every time the kids sit on the pot! If we have to replace any other toilet, we definitely will stick to the good ol' fashioned height....

Bookmark   October 24, 2012 at 10:55PM
mamattorney

Wow! I just did some searches and you are right - all the "pretty" toilets are comfort height. This one Kohler is available in round and "short"

http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Wellworth-two-piece-round-front-1.6-gpf-toilet/productDetail/Toilets/427996.htm?categoryId=429984&skuId=408629&hash=id%3Dfilters%26color-filter%3D101804_0%26112%3D4294966976%26startIndex%3D40%26scrollTop%3D1672

Are anywhere near Chicago? There is a local company called Gerber and they have a pretty (although elongated) toilet that's regular height called Logan Square - http://www.gerberonline.com/item.aspx?itemid=292#featuretab

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 3:17PM
cathie2029

Thanks mammaattorney! I never heard of gerber..unfortunately I'm in NJ. I thinkI'm going to end up with the wellworth...not thrilled since I REALLY wanted the memoirs. you know it seems everything I fall in love is either out of stock,discontinued, or not in the configurations that I need. : (

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 9:25PM
skyelily24

I just saw this post and I don't know if it's too late for you, but you can get a Kohler Memoirs regular height, round bowl for $269.87 from faucetdirect.com. It is the K-3933. The only possible problem with it is that it has a 1.28 gallon flush but the flush valve is large, 3- 1/4" . Hope this helps.

Bookmark   December 11, 2012 at 8:07AM
More Discussions
Bathtub width - Kohler Archer?
I am looking for a bathtub that has a deeper soak (my...
lineterry
Quality Pocket Door Frames?
(Please accept my apology for the duplicate post -...
ahmnj
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
WWYD - Mosaic tile accents?
Starting to try to figure out some of the decor details...
numbersjunkie
Experience with Enduroshield
Anybody have specific experience or feedback on the...
gardnr
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™