Grifform Corian Shower Pan? Need input, please

rantontooOctober 21, 2013

Has anyone used a Grifform Corian shower pan? It looks as if foam is used under the formed Corian for support. Looking for input on durability and price. Additional comments concerning using Corian shower pan and tile for the walls...would you do it again?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Trebruchet

Grifform has been around for many years and has won awards. That doesn't happen for fly-by-nighters.

I built a custom solid surface shower pan and walls for my last house and guarantee it will outperform ANY stone, tile, or estone shower anywhere ever and look great doing it.

Bookmark   October 23, 2013 at 1:33AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rantontoo

Thaks for your reply. I really think a Corian pan is the way to go, and if I have my way...side-walls too; I am repairing a major fiberglass disaster. I am so over possible future leaking! My options for a solid surface pan purchased locally are very limited. There is only one local fabricator and I found his design very awkward looking especially the threshold. I want a possible alternative to see if his quote is totally out of line or reasonable. I also like the cleaner-looking, simple design option of the Grifform pans. The local fabricator said he uses dowels cut in half for support...I assume to help create the slope; it looks as if Grifform uses foam. That is why I am looking for feedback about Grifform pans.

I will get my solid surface pan, but it will probably mean my husband gets his tiled walls!

Bookmark   October 26, 2013 at 10:35PM
More Discussions
Date on thinset
Someone mentioned they would help homeowners decode...
mmaggied
Final Decisions - Lighting and Countertop - "Spa-Like" or "Dreary"?
We have been in the middle of a very long & drawn-out...
AHMIowa_NJ
shower pan worries. Is any of his method correct?
Unsure about my plumber's method. Could I get some...
mmaggied
What do you think about jets and rain shower?
Any body going with or have them already in their shower? DH...
houserookie
Grout experts, Fusion Pro, Kerapoxy, Spectralock, Bostik?
Or Tec Power grout? I'm trying to choose something...
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™