Wolf range with grill ~ how to clean do u use it??

twingleSeptember 15, 2012

I am looking to buy a Wolf 48 with grill. I have 4 boys (oldest is 12) and he is starting that eating evrything in sight growth spurt stuff. He is already 5'9. I thought the grill would make sense to throw a small steak, burgers or ckn cutlets on to cook quick extra meals or to add protein to a meal. Do you have the grill??? How does it cook? Is it easy to clean? Smell up the house? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
peaches12345

This probably won't be much help because my cooktop grill experience was years ago with a Jenn-Air. It was awful to clean and I would never ever again have one. Wolf may or may not be a different story, but I'm sure others will chime in.

If you are going to mainly use it for quick extra meals, a burger or 2, a small steak I would just get a separate grill pan. I have an All-Clad and love it! Use it constantly, easy to clean in the sink, and one of the best purchases I have ever made. There is just the 2 of us and we now rarely use our outdoor grill- steaks, chicken, veggies, burgers all come off the grill pan with a nice sear and are delicious. My mind still boggles at the thought of cleaning that Jenn-Air built-in grill.

Bookmark   September 16, 2012 at 10:51AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
peaches12345

If you Google "cleaning wolf cooktop grill" you'll find LOTS of information and opinions answering your questions from those who have one.

Bookmark   September 16, 2012 at 10:59AM
More Discussions
Bosch Benchmark Slide-In Induction Range Review
My Bosch Benchmark Slide-In Induction Range (HIIP054U)...
knoh
How much can a Wolf rangetop be changed?
I have a late 1970's propane 36 inch 6 burner Wolf...
deepdrop
Anyone have a Wolf gas cooktop? Or another cooktop you really like?
I've found a lot on Wolf range's but not any reviews...
happyallison
Annoying
Stopped in the appliance store that our builder likes...
Mini Soda
Fhiaba column refrigerator freezer anyone?
Has anyone seen these in person or have in their kitchen?...
Dietitian
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™