question about twitter problem

cloudy_christineAugust 12, 2010

Okay, I've spent a lot of time trying to solve this with Twitter Help and searching the web. No luck.

My tweets show up for me, but not in the tweet stream of the addressees when I search. Why? And does anybody actually get them?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wizardnm

If you follow someone on twitter, their tweets will show up on your feed. If they are following you back, then all your tweets will show up on their feed. If they aren't following you then your tweets will not show up....unless you address your tweet directly to them.

Then there's also the tweet grid where you can put in a name and see all the tweets to that person. This is especially fun with well know people. I follow Adam Lambert and there is always someone sending him tweets... it goes nuts after he sends out a tweet to all his followers.

Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: Tweet Grid for adamlambert

Bookmark   August 12, 2010 at 10:32PM
cloudy_christine

Thanks, Nancy. You can also see someone's tweets by using the search box on your home page. I didn't now about Tweet Grid. In both cases, my tweets get lost into thin air. But I can see them on my home page. I do not have a "private" setting selected, but soemhow I am just absent from all searches and don't appear. So I guess no one has ever seen my (very few) tweets.

Bookmark   August 12, 2010 at 11:16PM
cloudy_christine

Whoa! It's Firefox! Holy carp. I saw stuff from last year about trouble with Firefox 3.5, different trouble, but that gave me the idea to try Safari, even though I am running Firefox 3.6.3. And it works! So tweets I sent months ago never got seen, I guess? They appeared only for me?!
I feel as if the mailman has been throwing my mail into a dumpster! I had faith in Twitter!

Bookmark   August 13, 2010 at 8:12AM
shaun

I just dont understand Twitter. I have an account but I really don't get it.

Bookmark   August 13, 2010 at 12:48PM
dedtired

I'm with Shaun. I tried it but I don't see what's the big deal. I also have no idea what Nancy said! ;)

Bookmark   August 15, 2010 at 11:42PM
compumom

Me either. I just don't get it at all. BTDT, but "their" tweets never said anything interesting!

Bookmark   August 16, 2010 at 2:56AM
cloudy_christine

Well, now it seems not to work in Safari either.

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 6:05PM
cloudy_christine

I got a reply to one of the missing tweets! So even if it's not in twitter search and not in tweetgrid, it may have gotten to its destination?! I had to answer her reply, but how on earth can I know if she got that?

Bookmark   August 18, 2010 at 9:41AM
wizardnm

Try clicking on her name that shows up in her reply. It should take you to her stream.

Happy tweeting, twitting and twatting!

Bookmark   August 18, 2010 at 11:45AM
cloudy_christine

Thanks, Nancy. My tweets do not appear in any stream.
Maybe it's good this doesn't work for me! I can see that some people get addicted.

Bookmark   August 18, 2010 at 1:50PM
wizardnm

try putting the persons twitter name in the search box

Bookmark   August 18, 2010 at 2:04PM
cloudy_christine

I can see her stream okay, but my tweets aren't in it. Or in anyone else's stream. Or in search.
Ah, she just responded to my second attempt, this morning. So some get through to the person even though they are not visible in the stream. I know tweets are dropped from Search sometimes, but mine are always dropped.
This is very weird.

Bookmark   August 18, 2010 at 3:17PM
shaun

I've looked at different stars pages and it just looks like they are talking to themselves.

Are they?

Bookmark   August 18, 2010 at 6:53PM
cloudy_christine

Shaun, what you're seeing is just their outgoing tweets.
Some of them are answers to other people, and you can see that person's tweet by clicking on their name.
It's kind of useful for musicians to tell people where they'll be playing, and they can use it like a notice board.
Seems pretty unreliable as a way of communicating! At least for me it has been.

Bookmark   August 18, 2010 at 8:18PM
wizardnm

No,not talking to themselves, they are saying things to everyone that is following them. It's like saying Hi to however many followers they have, all at the same time.
They make statements about all kinds of things. Right now I follow a few in pop music, like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and of course Adam .... a few others too.

Bookmark   August 18, 2010 at 8:27PM
cloudy_christine

Update: Since Safari seemed to not make a difference (after the two times it did), I forgot about my intention to use only it for Twitter. Was away for a while. Came back and sent out some tweets. None showed up in the addressee's timeline. At this point out of 35 or so tweets exactly two had shown up.
Just today I realized I was using Firefox. Tried Safari. Tweets are showing up now!

Bookmark   September 4, 2010 at 12:39PM
More Discussions
What's For Dinner #338
#337 has reached over 100 posts. Jasdip, I love fried...
ann_t
Leftover Biscuits
I made a Mother's Day lunch that was wonderful (if...
starlightfarm
Half Ham (bone-in)
Which is best, shank or butt. If the package doesn't...
ryseryse_2004
Weird "guy food" that's actually delicious?
You know what kind of food I mean? Not the kind of...
plllog
I scrub my potatoes clean. Do you?
My SIL was her visiting over the holidays, sharing...
momto4kids
Sponsored Products
Wandering Crane Side Table - White Oak - Ethan Abramson
$718.00 | HORNE
Metall F. Cooper Floor Lamp by Ingo Maurer
$1,700.00 | Lumens
Collana Pendant
Lightology
Keswick Exposed Wall-Mount Shower and Tub Faucet
Signature Hardware
Dome-SI Coax Clear Fusion Jack Mini Pendant
$308.16 | Bellacor
Personalized Bread Board with Name
$59.50 | FRONTGATE
Afina Vanderbilt Medium Triple Door Recessed Baroque Medicine Cabinet - 42W x 34
Hayneedle
Wild at Heart Canvas
$149.99 | Dot & Bo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™