cooktop won't work in the space - help me please!

ashikSeptember 19, 2012

I had my heart set on the Bluestar 30" cooktop - I wanted open burners - I was told by the granite guy that I don't have the depth underneath in between the drawers that are under the present cooktop to allow for Bluestar.

Who would I call in to give me suggestions - I am thinking - can I get the drawers to be narrower in their depth - and then have something built on the fronts to cover the space?

Or should I have a cabinet built in another area near stove that can house my garbage pail and put the two drawers in that? I don't want to get crazy with more $$ but would love to figure out how to accomodate the Bluestar - but I also need those two drawers which house all the assorted stuffs I need for cooking!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jgopp

It is a little hard to tell exactly what is going on by just a description without picture, but I think I understand. If I were you I would build some kind of fancy drawer-faceplate for just below the cooktop to allow for the extra space needed. Sure you're sacrificing drawer space, but you're also getting a nice feature. Having a pic would be helpful if that is possible.

Bookmark   September 19, 2012 at 5:48PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ashik

Two weeks later and a cabinet guy said he could make it work for another $200. But he then tried to persuade me out of it after reading specs on the product and the warranty etc. I googled negative reviews and really became worried - about the poor customer service and problems with the ignitor system.

Please help me with any information you can offer - about Bluestar - or another gas cooktop with strong BTU power.

Bookmark   September 21, 2012 at 10:30AM
More Discussions
High end appliances thermador vs. dacor
I currently have dacor ovens. I am trying decide brands...
mcaprizs
Bertazzoni gas range comprehensive review
So I've seen this question presented a few times, and...
jgopp
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
Single Electric Wall Oven: WHY is it so hard to find a good one?
Hi everyone! We are finally WELL underway with our...
lovelylinguist
Anyone with a double oven range wish they had gone with wall ovens?
My DH thought we'd get a double oven range, but I like...
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™