Cannot remove Inbox.com

gumtruckerJuly 25, 2011

Can anyone help me with removal of Inbox.com...My husband installed while trying to install a Nickolodeon game for my son. It does not show up in my programs add/remove. I am using windows XP. I want to get Verizon back as my home page when using Internet Explorer.

Thanks so much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
TulsaRose, Tulsa OK

Maybe the link below will help out.

Rosie

Here is a link that might be useful: Uninstalling Inbox

Bookmark   July 25, 2011 at 9:02PM
bbbluz

Hi folks, I just wanted to point that the link that tulsarose has posted was targeted in the yellow by my WOT plug-in. Visiting this site posses the possibility that your online safety might be compromised. This sites actions in the past have had them listed as a site that engages in the distribution of malicious software. Be very careful if you decide to continue to this site.

Please see the WOT Scorecard in the link below:

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/toolbar.inbox.com

Inbox.com and the toolbar are associated the Crawler Toolbar. It would be of your best interest to register at LandzDown and have Corrine perform a more thorough check to ensure that you have no other malware that was installed along side. Inbox.com is very aggressive and obviously has hi-jacked your home page.

Here is a link that might be useful: LandzDown

Bookmark   July 25, 2011 at 9:44PM
TulsaRose, Tulsa OK

My apologies to all concerned for posting a link to Inbox that could be harmful. Picked up the URL from Google...my bad!

Rosie

Bookmark   July 26, 2011 at 7:28AM
bob414

Rosie, get WOT (Web of Trust) and that won't happen again.

Bookmark   July 26, 2011 at 8:51AM
canibus

Get Linux and you don't need WOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bookmark   July 26, 2011 at 9:28AM
TulsaRose, Tulsa OK

Thanks for the link, Bob. I'll download it immediately if not sooner. :-)

As for Linux...no thanks. I'm too danged old and set in my ways to attempt learning an entirely new operating system.

Bookmark   July 26, 2011 at 12:52PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I use linux and I still have WOT on all my browsers, I like to know where I am going too. I do have other windows computers and have friends with them so would not want to accidentally send a red wot site to them.

now to your problem are you using firefox? if so you may just have inbox as a plug in you would need to check in your plugin list and remove it from there in firefox. Tools>add ons> plugins could be in the add ons too click to uninstall it then restart your firefox.

In your add remove programs it should be listed there as inbox toolbar that is what you would want to remove

How can I uninstall the Inbox.com Toolbar?
there is a directions page that is safe to go to

and to reset your home page to what ever page you want it to be in firefox do the following within firefox ,click tools>options>the main tab at the top, then where it says set home page make sure you are on the page you want to have as your home page and then select use current page. Or type in the proper address for the site you want and select the proper option.

Another thing that sometimes happens with that tool bar is that it adds inbox to your search engines you can remove it from there also. up on your browser bar right next to the google icon in the goole search bar there is a tiny drop down arrow there that lists search engines you can remove inbox from there and put google back as the regular first choice.

for resetting your home page in IE
Change your Internet Explorer home page

Bookmark   July 26, 2011 at 2:09PM
DA_Mccoy

If I was a betting man, and I am not as I don't gamble, I'd be willing to bet it is not the Inbox website that is of concern, but rather the toolbar product itself.

And, though advise is shared concerning FF I only see a comment by the original poster as to IE.

DA

Bookmark   July 26, 2011 at 2:31PM
More Discussions
Password needed for Avast?
Computer is going on 1 yr old and I've been getting...
breenthumb
Safe email emoticon download for FF or Chrome?
I don't find a "search" option in the new...
Evenshade 8a
Chrome browser crashes
Every time I click a link to open with Chrome browser,...
grandms
Need help, I am confused
I think I have a huge problem. When I restart my computer...
Patricia Kuehne
Installing a free Antivirus with Malware included - recommendations
I am setting up my mom's new Asus Win 8.1 laptop. She...
debo_2006
Sponsored Products
Cocoa My Life 30" Spinner
$415.00 | Horchow
Red Carpet Studios Scrapbook Birdhouse - 40812
$24.99 | Hayneedle
Tangier Pendant Rug 5'6" x 8'6" - BLACK/BROWN
$529.00 | Horchow
Oak Cliff Rug 5'6" x 8'6" - TAUPE/TAN
$1,999.00 | Horchow
Elegant Home Martha Mahogany Bathroom Floor Cabinet with 1 Door and Open Shelf B
$88.99 | Hayneedle
Ellis Curtain Tyvek Tailored Curtain Panel with Ties - One Pair - T782-68X84-BLU
$38.99 | Hayneedle
Designers Edge L1712 Pendant Hanging Farm Light with 14 in. Reflector - L1712
$56.10 | Hayneedle
Dhurries Navy and Ivory Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 8 Ft. Rug
$300.00 | Bellacor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™