question about an online games site

jane2July 4, 2013

My question is about registering with gamesgames.com to play "Word Link".

Is http://www.gamesgames.com/ a legitimate site? Meaning that it is ok to register with the it --- and I will probably only have to put up with tracking devices such as cookies that result from this site. Not viruses, malware etc.

The registration page for Word Link can be seen here: https://king.gamesgames.com/signup.jsp?redirect=true&gameId=14
In another place it says: "Gamesgames.com is the biggest online games site for families offering a large variety of cooking games, time management games, dress-up games, design games, and other fun games. Users can play interactively with peers, and with new games constantly being added, they will never get bored!"

It appears to be part of Spilgames (http://www.gamesgames.com/privacy-policy.html ) which started in the Netherlands. And/or with king.com � which is "Europe's first website for skill games where you can win money by participating in tournaments."
(I will not be playing for money.)

Is there a handy-dandy place for people (like me) to go to in order to find out if the games is safe to register for?

Thanks, Jane

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emma

I went to the gamesgames.com and WOT did not give me warning?

Bookmark   July 4, 2013 at 9:05PM
owbist

Webuation gives them high marks.

Always remember you should not use your real name when registering anywhere, this helps you stay anonymous.

For myself I would be running a scan after each visit for the first few times to ensure they have not given me any kind of spam.

If you installed WOT, Web of Trust, you would be able to decide the safety of most sites when Googling as EmmaR did before posting her comment to you.

Bookmark   July 4, 2013 at 9:21PM
kudzu9

In general, if you do a Google search on a website's name plus the word scam you should get lots of results if there's a problem with the site. This has always worked pretty well for me.

Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 12:29PM
jane2

Sorry about not checking back sooner. Many thanks to everyone for your answers.
I had entered the website's name in Google, kudzu9 - but not the word "scam" along with it. Of course what came back to me was all the wonderful stuff written by the website itself. Thank you for supplying the missing link, kudzu9.
Looks like I shall be installing WOT. Thank you EmmaR and owbist (And I will be spam checking for a while.)
Now for some worry-free playing.

Bookmark   July 7, 2013 at 10:42PM
kudzu9

jane2-
You're welcome. Good luck and safe surfing!

Bookmark   July 8, 2013 at 1:06AM
More Discussions
Adobe flash player and pdf reader installation on Win8
I have a new Win 8 touch screen laptop. I've been using...
hald
My computer just got infected - what to do ASAP
I clicked on a website that I was familiar with but...
debo_2006
Helping a elderly friend with their computer remotely
She is in her 90's, lives alone and needs help with...
jane__ny
Change color of blinking cursor
When I am editing something I have just written and...
mudlady_gw
What's with this new Houzz thing?
Been away a couple days, and came back to this, what...
shaddy101
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™