Help Renovating Small bathroom

gabelmanOctober 28, 2012

I am renovating this small bathroom. I was wondering if anyone had ideas how I can make this bathroom appear to be larger? (The toilet ia to the left of the towel rack facing towards the sink.) To give you an idea how small the room is, this picture was taken at the door of the bathroom

I purchased a small wall mount sink 17 x 8(Deep) (Whitehaus 103R). The bottom is exposed and I'm looking for a decorative p-trap.

Someone also mentioned that I should remove the baseboard heating and put a towel rail. Would a towel rail be sufficient to keep the room warm?

Would love everyone's input. Any assistance in decorating would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gabelman

This is the bathroom.

Bookmark   October 28, 2012 at 7:23PM
dekeoboe

What size is the room?

Bookmark   October 28, 2012 at 8:32PM
crl_

How big of a remodel are you doing? Are you gutting it and putting in all new stuff or are you keeping somethings?

For general advice and images on small bathrooms I suggest checking out the better homes and gardens website and houzz.

Bookmark   October 30, 2012 at 10:37PM
elphaba_gw

I agree, we need to know the extent of remodel planned.
If major, buy all new fixtures, and down to the studs, then I would suggest a wall mounted toilet. Besides being easy to clean underneath, they are more narrow in depth.

I would also suggest radiant floor heating if this is major remodel. Not sure about your geography. If you are in Michigan, Minnesota, Canada, etc. you definitely will still need major heating besides the radiant.

More info please.

Bookmark   October 31, 2012 at 4:57PM
sochi

Radiant floor heat may be sufficient, I'm (fairly) sure that a towel rack would not be.

Other tips for small bathrooms - keep the lines simple, i.e. nothing too busy, use glass doors/walls for the shower. Wall mounted toilet (or a shorter toilet), a wall hung sink or pedestal sink, etc.

Faucetsdirect sells decorative p-traps.

Bookmark   November 1, 2012 at 5:21PM
More Discussions
amerec vs mr steam vs thermasol steam shower
Trying to choose a steam shower for a 4 x 5 shower...
panchoandlefty
Doable...European sink & US bathroom pop-up drain and faucet?
Originally posted in "Plumbing" I cannot...
rantontoo
tile layout help master bath
I am planning to use 18 x18 on the floor and same tile...
abick2
Date on thinset
Someone mentioned they would help homeowners decode...
mmaggied
Which latricrete products for full shower build?
I'm a bit confused about all the various Latricrete...
cataan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™