portable or counter top dishwashers

maisoui1September 4, 2013

Hi all. I have a dishwasher in our kitchen but I tend to have large parties and could use an additional dishwasher. I would prefer to avoid a remodel just to fit in an extra dishwasher so I thought I would go with a portable one that I could bring out to use the 3-4 times per year that we have large events. I figure I could put it in the laundry room near the kitchen during the party and have it going if necessary to make sure we don't run out of glasses and plates etc. Quiet operations are important. Any recommendations?
Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

These are all loud.

If looking at 24" there are Whirlpool and GE made models.(Technically Miele Professional is portable but those are $5-$6K)

GE is louder and more repair prone.

I would go with Maytag Jetclean Plus Series MDC4809PA.

If looking at 18" there is Frigidaire and obscure rebranded European dishwashers.

I would go with Frigidaire FFPD1821M. Technically this is 20.5" wide but still a narrower smaller model

If you are not a single lady with a cat on disability I would skip the countertop models.

Bookmark   September 4, 2013 at 3:08PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maisoui1

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking I would go with a 24 inch as I'm assuming that will allow me to fit more items at a time. I have space where I could put it when I needed to use it. It's just that it would take a remodel including a redesign to get a built in one.

Bookmark   September 4, 2013 at 3:27PM
More Discussions
Oven size vs cabinet size
In my search for a new oven I noticed that all have...
dickross
self cleaning oven racks
Almost all oven manufacturers require removing oven...
dickross
Jenn Air Counter Depth Refrigerator
Hi, We will probably be getting the Jenn Air counter...
C C
Lights on my Jenn-Air dishwasher
I have a two year-old Jenn-Air Trifecta dishwasher...
sail_away
Cabinet front dishwashers
We are putting in two cabinet-front dishwashers in...
mwinfield
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™