hp alignment page and ink cartridge level problems

dahlia6July 21, 2012

I am annoyed by alignment pages that print when I haven't installed new cartridges. It happens frequently with this HP Photosmart C 4580. Since using Windows 7 and not XP, I have been unable to access HP SOLUTION CENTER due to what the message says is an installation problem. I used to be able to see a picture of the ink cartridge level on there. Is there any solution to either of these problems?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anne_ct

Try downloading compatible Win7 drivers at this HP site [below], Dahlia. I think this may cure your problem. Many users lost the use of older equipment when they moved to Win7. It looks like you're in luck...and all that's necessary is upgrading the HP Photosmart drivers.

HTH

Anne

Here is a link that might be useful: HP Drivers

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 5:49PM
azinoh

Just wondering...did you put non-HP cartridges in this printer? If you did, then all bets are off. I tried to use cartridges from Office Max in my Officejet 4500 and ran into all sorts of problems and ended up exchanging them for the HP brand. Generally, I like HP printers but this is one thing I don't like about them.

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 7:05AM
rpjonny

I have found that this problem occurs because the carriage is in the wrong place. Use the following steps. Turn off the printer. open the door.
If the carriage holding the cartridges does not rest at the proper place Ie where you can get the cartridges out then slide the cartridges to the correct place. Now shut the door and fire up the printer. You should not be asked to align

Bookmark   January 15, 2014 at 6:17AM
More Discussions
OK, turned my back, and the kids are playing with
backgrounds, and making the viewing easier on the eyes....
shaddy101
Lenovo's "malware" not just Lenovo's.
It's been found in a dozen or so apps, some pre-installed,...
lazy_gardens
Still using XP with no problems.
Just thought this might interest those who are doing...
Jane
Changing HOUZZ page appearance
I use Chrome browser and have an extension called Change...
jean_mi_z5
Google Stylish add-on help
I have Google Stylish add-on but don't know how to...
Cricketm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™