Do you regret your compact dishwasher?

seashineSeptember 8, 2013

Trying to decide if moving from no dishwasher to a compact one (to save space) would cause me to regret it in the future.
Do you have an 18 inch one and regret it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Viking86

Yes and no! That's not helpful, is it? I'll explain... I got a compact dishwasher about 2 years ago. I did not have a dishwasher at the time. The space I had was too small for a standard dishwasher. I live alone and have lots of dishes/silverware so I don't run it that often. There have been times I wished I had a larger one, specifically when there is tupperware or pots and pans involved. A larger one would no doubt be run more often as I would be able to fit those things in, instead of just washing them up by hand. I think that is what you need to consider. Would you want to put pots, pans, and larger items in the dishwasher and how often would you want to run it?

Bookmark   September 8, 2013 at 4:17PM
lee676

Considered a Miele 18" DW (or a Bosch as 2nd choice), but instead chose a Fisher & Paykel single drawer 24" wide, about 16" tall dishwasher, with the intent of putting a 6" drawer both above and below it (they make these DWs in two different heights now). I found this to be a better space-saving option, since the upper drawer made an excellent place to store utensils right near the sink, which I wouldn't have with a full-height 18"w DW. But I would take any decent 18"w dishwasher over none at all.

Bookmark   September 9, 2013 at 4:07AM
theultimatebikerchic

I love my 18 inch, no regrets. It's just me and my DH. We only cook from scratch, no processed foods or take out, and typically it needs to be run only every other day.

Bookmark   September 9, 2013 at 8:04PM
kitchenobsessed

Love our Miele; no regrets in eight or so years. We were a family of three (now two w/DD in college) and only ran our full size DW every two or three days so ended up hand washing high use items. Our Miele gets run daily so I always have my favorite mug available at breakfast. DH (family cook) typically cooks from scratch 3 meals/day, but with DD gone we eat leftovers more often.

Bookmark   September 9, 2013 at 8:19PM
More Discussions
Thermador micro drawer - is it worth it?
http://www.thermador.com/cooking/microwaves/md24js-24-inch-builtin-microdrawer Hey...
bellachaboni
Bluestar electric French door installed
It's installed. Electrical not hooked up yet (see the...
Debbi Branka
Refrigerator - Fisher Paykel, Blomberg, Summit...?
I am looking for a counter-depth refrigerator no more...
virtualanne
Microwave in a cabinet
I have a Panasonic 1.2 cubic ft microwave installed...
flashfryer
Can't adjust door spring on Miele Futura Dimension DW (G 5675
We just installed my new Miele dishwasher and the door...
jan_in_davis
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™