Saving contacts and other info from iPhone

Jodi_SoCalJuly 15, 2012

When I go into the office tomorrow, the paperwork for me to go out on a four week (or possibly longer) medical will be set in motion.

A few years ago my employer issued me a laptop and iPhone so that I can be on call 24/7. I don't know for a fact but I suspect they may ask for the iPhone and laptop back while I'm out. As such, I would like to copy as much of my personal info off the iPhone as possible before tomorrow morning.

Any suggestions?

Jodi-

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zep516

Hi jodi in so calif,

I had to Google this, looks half decent, others may have thoughts too.

Synchronize the iPhone with Apple iTunes software on a computer to copy contacts information.

Joe

Here is a link that might be useful: copy-iphone-contacts-computer

Bookmark   July 15, 2012 at 6:16PM
Jodi_SoCal

I followed the instructions but it calls for Outlook and I don't have it installed on my PC laptop.

I found instructions without having to use Outlook but I don't trust iTunes to download without messing with the current contents of my phone.

I use the iTunes extensively at the office (5,000 songs, hundreds of photos and some videos) but have never used it at home on my PC. I'm afraid if I use Sync, it will override my phone with the contents of my home iTunes setup which contains nothing.

Jodi-

Bookmark   July 16, 2012 at 9:36AM
Ghostbook

Hey iPhone users, we have created a new cloud based, cross platform, and cross carrier contact storage app that works with IPhone, Android, and Blackberry. The main goal of our App is to make sure no phone user ever loses their contacts again. We would like you to participate in a marketing video by simply sending us a video of yourself explaining what you love about the iPhone and why you believe it�s better than all other phones. phonevideocasting@gmail.com

Bookmark   November 9, 2012 at 7:05PM
More Discussions
Linkedin - Friend's Attempt to Subscribe me to it.
I know nothing of social media outfits and don't want...
mxyplux
Recommendations for free backup software
I used to have Retrospect Express as my backup software...
secsteve
Changing HOUZZ page appearance
I use Chrome browser and have an extension called Change...
jean_mi_z5
GW/Houzz page rendering on my browser
Weird question about GW/Houzz, over the last six months,...
dbarron
Basic Video Help Needed
I know almost nothing about getting videos from video...
chas045
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™