Master bath plans- please advise!!!

bkpinkhaOctober 4, 2013

Here are our plans for the master bath in the home we are building. I plan to switch the bathtub and the toilet room to have the toilet room at the far end of the bathroom and the tub immediately to the left as you walk in the door. Also plan on putting a window up high in the shower.
Is this the best layout?
My goal was a huge shower, at least room for a 12 ft vanity, a pedestal tub with a wall for shelves, and a separate toilet room. And also a window for some natural light.
THanks!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Flint2013

I think I'd keep the toilet room where it is. It already has privacy with its own door. Why make it farther to walk to? If soaking in the tub, would be nice to have it feel more cozy back in the corner.

Looks like maybe there's a pocket door entry to the bath from the master bedroom. Not sure I'm reading this right. I wouldn't want that. A regular door can be left partially open and still provide some privacy or block light if someone is sleeping in the bedroom.

My first take on the door swing for the shower was that I would reverse it, but then the more I thought about it, like that things could be set on vanity for easy retrieval.

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 6:56AM
More Discussions
Very Cool - New Porcelanosa Luxury Vinyl Tiles
I would love this for my walls too! And the website...
numbersjunkie
No showrooms for bathtubs and can't decide.
We are at the point to where we HAVE to make a decision...
lachase
American Standard Vormax Toilet
Does any one have an experience with this toilet? http://www.americanstandard-us.com/vormax/ I...
David
American Standard Town Square Toilet
Does anyone here have the American Standard Town Square...
mrsdindinbaby
Has anyone seen an interior door handle like this in the States?
Sorry for the link but I couldn't find an image to...
ceezeecz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™