Not done yet, a few pics . . .

rjr220October 16, 2013

Going on week 6 of the third BR reno since mid April. I am over renovations, but keep reminding myself that I have a roof over my head, jobs that allow us to do this, a hot meal daily and indoor plumbing! This is a redo of our Master Bath and Closet. Converted a hall and linen closet into our master closet, old small closets were merged with old bathroom space to just about double the bath.

We are on a slab and wanted to maximize space and minimize costs, so kept commode, one vanity and shower in same locations; and added another vanity. We are waiting on the glass for frameless shower to be installed (next week). Granite was templated yesterday (a really wild and busy kashmir gold) and it is scheduled to be installed on November 1.

Old BR: standing in the door looking into shower

Old BR: standing in shower looking towards door.

Old master closets (yes, one for me and one for him)

NEW BR:

Looking in towards new shower:

New vanity in previous closet space

New vanity in previous old vanity space (window will have bahama shutters installed in about 6 weeks)

Another shower pic

And floor tile:

Ah, just posting these makes it seem bearable to wait two more weeks to live a little more normal life. Repeat mantra: I have a home, a job, a roof that doesn't leak or a serious illness. Life is good. : )

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

Love it! I love the "rumba strips" that you have going on in the shower. I don't know if there is such a thing as "rumba strips" but I am posting a link that I found on the dance. It sort of looks like your shower :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Rumba

Bookmark   October 16, 2013 at 6:59PM
lotteryticket

You're almost there! I love the tile and those cute vanity lights. Are they Hudson Valley? I saw some on their site that look a lot like that. Love them. Nice job!

And I love the rumba video. Now I think I know where the "tweark" came from.

Bookmark   October 16, 2013 at 7:47PM
jrueter

great progress!

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 10:51AM
pixe1

It looks fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration. We start our master bath remodel on Monday. I tell myself the same things to get through the unpleasant parts. Just think, next year at this time, while you are enjoying your great bathroom this will all be a memory.

Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 9:13AM
More Discussions
Another shower size questions
I am converting an alcove tub (60x30) to a shower....
cataan
Please can you help with bath vanity design issue?
My original bath layout has changed somewhat, due to...
happyallison
Anyone have Swanstone shower base?
I was able to dig up the technical/testing specs for...
cataan
Kerdi Shower Part Deux
Here's Part Deux. The original Kerdi Shower thread...
mongoct
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™