Slate Tile Floor Progress :)
How does it look you guys? I have hemmed and hawed over this floor for a long time. It is Brazian slate, gauged. I purchased it by special order from HD. I then cut the tile in 1/2 to get 6x12". I got a perfect saw for rent at HD. It was a MX 660. Portable and did an accurate job of cutting.
This is the Ditra, set with Ditra-Set (unmodified) over my self leveling compound (SLC), which encases my floor heating wires. Note the waviness. It is due to my inexpert hand. I cut away the more awkwardly raised sections of Ditra, to remove the uneven dried thinset, and reapply it level. I don't have a picture of the fixed area but it worked:
Here is the halfway mark (or less). It is being set with unmodified Ditra-Set as well. Using 1/4 grout spacing. I have centered the chevron to the doorway, pointing to the tub:
Closeup of my pattern and grout spacing: