Viking D3 French Door CD Frig - my opinion thus far

Ellen1234September 10, 2013

Hi,

I decided on a Viking D3 French Door Counter Depth frig for my kitchen remodel.

I've had it for just about 2 months and thought it might be helpful to point out a few things that I questioned when I bought it, particularly whether it would hold large items.

We were very happy when we tried a 12 pack of soda and it fit (now we have a beverage frig too so we don't actually keep soda in the Viking, but it was a pleasant surprise none-the-less).

We then had Giordanno's stuffed pizza one night, and were again happy to find out the box fit in the frig! I still figured a large thin-style pizza box wouldn't fit, but guess what?! We had a Costco pizza (from the food court) last night, and the darn thing fit!!

So for anyone worried about large items fitting, you may be pleasantly surprised like us.

I've actually been really happy with the amont of food that fits in the freezer as well. I had to empty out my garage freezer to defrost it, and most items fit in the Viking freezer (it was a full upright freezer so I did have to move some items into our old frig/freezer which is in the garage).

We are enjoying the ice and water dispenser (inside the unit) as well! The kids and hubby fill up their big sports water bottles all the time -- it's been great!

I can't speak to its cooling/freezing/humidity/etc. --- so far so good, but I'm no expert.

I thought this might help someone looking into CD frigs.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maire_cate

Since many here are seeking 'quiet' refrigerators can you tell us how this one fares?

Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 12:31PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ellen1234

Well, I have not noticed any kind of noise from it running. Now, I can hear the ice drop. And I can hear the water come on to refill the ice/water (i.e. after ice drops as well as after using a lot of water from the internal water supply).

This is not to say that there is no noise from it running, I just have never heard/noticed it (as opposed to my previous 15 year old frig which I could hear running and then shut off -- it was pretty loud).

I will try to pay attention more and see what I hear....

Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 5:47PM
More Discussions
Any thoughts about Bosch and GE Profile appliances?
I am building a passive house and trying to choose...
di77ce
24' Appliances: Liebherr or Fagor?? Bertazzoni or other?
Can anyone weigh in on small space appliances? While...
petersen
Bluestar Platinum Owners - How is your Range
How is it to use the grill and griddle? ie ease of...
dzaner
Wall oven caution - IKEA/Nutid/Datid/Whirlpool
This post is meant to steer people away from IKEA Nutid,...
detroit_burb
DCS double wall oven--reviews?
I'm in the market for a double wall oven and saw a...
anna_chosak
Sponsored Products
Novelty Lamps: NFL 14 in. Minnesota Vikings Art Glass Table Lamp 142688
$52.49 | Home Depot
Elk Lighting 17H in. Large Lion Head Urn - 91-1644
$118.00 | Hayneedle
Sailboat Weathervane
Grandin Road
NFL Team Logo Wall Decal - 14-14003
$71.00 | Hayneedle
Minnesota Vikings Mini Can Cooler
$27.99 | zulily