Olympics Humor

compumomAugust 10, 2012

Just had to share, but not vetted...

Here are the top nine comments made by NBC sports commentators during the Summer Olympics that they would like to take back:

1. Weightlifting commentator: "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria . I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing."

2. Dressage commentator: "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."

4. Boxing Analyst: "Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious."

5. Softball announcer: "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again."

6. Basketball analyst: "He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces."

7. At the rowing medal ceremony: "Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew."

8. Soccer commentator: "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field."

9. Tennis commentator: "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them...

Oh my God, what have I just said?"

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mustangs81

That is hilarious! I have watched some much of the Olympics (present and past), how did I miss that? Maybe because I flip the channel when the commentators come on.

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 9:13AM
sally2_gw

That sounds like the best parts of the olympic coverage!

Sally

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 9:39AM
compumom

After Googling, I discovered that this is from the 2008 Olympics, still funny, but not current!
I suspect that those talking heads will provide some good ones this year too!

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 11:03AM
dedtired

Those are funny and I can see how a commentator might walk right into one of those. Any sport that has the snatch and the clean and jerk is bound to get a few "oops".

The commentators have been driving me crazy this year, and why is Ryan Seacrest at the Olympics anyway??

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 1:54PM
mustangs81

I knew it was from other Olympic (other than 2012) because 2008 was the last softball event. Yeah, right I would rather have ribbon twirling than softball! Purely political decision to eliminate softball. Okay, I'm through venting.

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 10:47PM
ann_t

#9 I believe was based on something that Arnold Palmer said on the Johnny Carson show back in the 60's.

Still funny though.

Bookmark   August 12, 2012 at 11:31AM
More Discussions
Hi All! Cookingrvc here. Wow things look different.
Have been spending time on a Facebook group that is...
cookingrvc
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
Photobucket Photos - Plllog - Annie
Hey there, I didn't forget to post PB photos for you....
solsthumper
Need Help Please.....
How does one now reach various listings such as "onions",...
Robert Givens
Hello
Wow, I haven't been here in a long time. I had an...
scott55405
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™