all new appliances for build - how to select?
First, I should say we don't want a package deal of matching appliances. We want the best quality in each one that fits in our budget. That being said, if we can get by with cheaper on one appliance, we might spend more on another one.
Any hints on the following list would be helpful:
- 36" induction cooktop Leaning towards GE Monogram strictly because of the mirror finish. We'll have stainless countertops & think it will look well with it. Thermador also makes one, but have read a lot of bad reviews.
- freezerless refrigerator Lots of options. Like the separate opening drawers of a Sub Zero, but not sure it's worth spending the big bucks for that. Will have separate freezer in pantry, already owned. Have even considered 2 refrigerator drawers for main kitchen & another cheaper fridge in large pantry. Drawers are big bucks.
- dishwasher Like delayed start and would just like it to get things clean, bells & whistles not needed. Quiet operation good. Never put pots and pans in dishwasher.
- oven Thinking of one with smaller casserole sized space and then large oven underneath. Think GE makes one. Had a new GE convection oven in a home a couple of yrs ago. Took FOREVER to heat up. Hated it.
- undercounter icemaker So many options out there & widely varying prices.
Microwave already owned & not needed.
Would like stainless on fronts, or be able to have custom fronts to match cabinets.
Any comments appreciated.