opinion on used Uline refrigerator drawers?

scrappy25September 24, 2012

Someone local is offering a pristine appearing undercounter refrigerator drawer set with stainless fronts for $260. It looks and functions well but it was taken out of a high end house that was hit with a power surge that killed many appliances. This fridge also displayed errors and would not work after the surge but when removed (already replaced by insurance) and replugged seemed to boot up and work fine now. The new price is probably $1800. Is this unit worth taking a risk on? Seems to keep and hold the temperature, can verify with a thermometer laser gun. If you could use it in your kitchen is it worth a $260 risk? If not, at what price is the risk worth taking?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
scrappy25

I decided to pass on it since it's not outdoor rated and I wanted it for my screened porch. If anyone wants it email me within the next week and I can give you the contact number for the seller.

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 3:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
johninsocal

U-lines look nice I have one upstairs in our wetbar, paid $1k for it. Right after the 2-3 yr warranty went out so did the fridge, cost $300 to get it fixed. When I put in an outdoor bbq island I put in two $100 each stainless looking fridges. I figured even if I had to buy new fridges every couple years I would be way ahead. Six years later the cheapo fridges still running strong.

I think you made a wise choice, especially for an outdoor fridge just get a cheap one and consider them expendable.

Bookmark   September 25, 2012 at 12:44AM
More Discussions
Flimsy dishwasher!
I have to admit that I have never heard of most of...
grapefruit1_ar
American Range? Buyer Beware!
It is with big frustration that I am reporting an unacceptable...
foodiefrog
steam damage to cabinets from steam oven or warming drawer?
When we had a kitchenaid dishwasher, the hot moist...
houztongirl
Need Help Selecting Propane Cooktop
I am looking to replace an electric cooktop with a...
dandkmom
Refrigerator Water Valve Leaking
Any idea why the blue cap (see red arrow) on the water...
tslats2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™