Wolf vs. Vent-A-Hood

scottieleeSeptember 6, 2007

Hi everyone,

I am on the verge of ordering appliances for my soon to be remodeled kitchen. Range will be Wolf 30" all gas. Hood will be either Wolf Pro 30"x27" or Vent-A-Hood 30"x27".

To summarize what I've read about hoods made by Wolf and Vent-A-Hood in similar configuration (900cfm 27" depth):

Wolf Hoods

- Better performance in grease removal

- Not as quiet

- More switch adjustments

- Harder to clean (sharp edges on filters)

- Difficult to install (heavy)

Vent-A-Hood:

- Less noisy than competitors

- Switch not as easy to reach?

- Easier to clean? No filters used

- Less costly

Questions:

- Which has better build quality?

- Any issue with the electromagnetic field generated by both? Any symptoms like headaches when operating at full power?

Any input will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weissman

I don't have either but I think the cleaning issue is not clear cut. My hood has baffles which go right in the dishwasher. The Vent-a-hood has squirrel cages which have to be removed and cleaned - some people have difficulty doing this.

I believe the Wolf hoods are rebadged Independent hoods which are somewhat less expensive - you might check out those as well. Good luck.

Bookmark   September 6, 2007 at 12:21PM
beth4

I have a 30-inch DF Wolf, and put up the same Wolf hood you're contemplating.

I had the installer install it, so have no idea about ease of installation or any of those details.

I really do like the hood and exhaust fan. Yes, it does make a noise, but it's a hood moving grease and fumes out of the house, so I expect that. I can easily converse while it's on, and am never reluctant to use it when I have company.

When I sautee, I use very little oil, so I doubt I'm challenging the hood for all that it's designed to do. I find it easy to wipe down and clean...I honestly haven't encountered the sharp edges (or don't remember them if I did).

I thought deciding on hoods and fans was the most difficult of the appliance selection process.

Good luck!

Bookmark   September 6, 2007 at 12:35PM
sanborn5

I just ordered the Wolf 36" DF range but went with the vent-a-hood NPH. I loved the look of the Wolf hood, and the NPH looked so much like the Wolf hood. I went with the Vent-a-hood because of appliances store recommendation. Quieter & less $$$. Also this forum speaks very highly of the Vent-a-hood.

Bookmark   September 6, 2007 at 1:32PM
More Discussions
Cabinet front dishwashers
We are putting in two cabinet-front dishwashers in...
mwinfield
2 Weeks With my New ASKO Dishwasher--a review
Since very few people here have ASKO dishwashers or...
needinfo1
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
Need advice on combining induction and gas
This is my first post. Please forgive the length or...
jdsb2
True Refrigerator (residential)
I came across this beautiful photo of a True refrigerator...
ltislander
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™