xp virus

joe_mnJuly 26, 2011

2005 dell notebook has odd behavior. runs fine for awhile. online function is ok. than any key entry results in multiple "search" pop-up windows. about 1/2 of the keyboard keys do not function than. restart in safemode and all is well for awhile and than same popup issues start. thought it was 3rd party bug/software causing issue but it shows up in safemode. tried many cures, norton scan, avg scan, stinger scan. computer works on restart. am close to reinstall but wanted to hear if anyone else had any thoughts on finding virus.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mikie_gw

I'd run superantispyware.com free version & HitManPro.com ckeck the single use box = free.

Bookmark   July 26, 2011 at 12:28PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

you need to go to the forum I am going to link to they will assist you to run some special scans and take care of it these rouges are not ones that can be fully cleaned by any of the regular AV and antimalware programs.
go here, register, start your own thread in the area I link you to and follow only the directions from there for you so no conflicts or confusion.
Analysis and Malware Removal

Bookmark   July 26, 2011 at 1:51PM
joe_mn

Did the mbam step and found 7 things. Did a repair and it has been running ok for 24 hrs now.

Bookmark   July 27, 2011 at 9:28AM
More Discussions
Changing HOUZZ page appearance
I use Chrome browser and have an extension called Change...
jean_mi_z5
Still using XP with no problems.
Just thought this might interest those who are doing...
Jane
GW/Houzz page rendering on my browser
Weird question about GW/Houzz, over the last six months,...
dbarron
Foxit Reader - Edit Previus Typing
How is it done? Let's say I'm on line 12 of a form...
mxyplux
Linkedin - Friend's Attempt to Subscribe me to it.
I know nothing of social media outfits and don't want...
mxyplux
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™