Gas cooktop options with only a recirculating fan

susan6September 10, 2013

I cuerrently have a basic gas cooktop with a recirculating fan on a microwave. An exhaust fan is not an option, unfortunately. I've had no problems with grease buildup or air quality, but in buying a new cooktop I'm wondering about higher BTUs without the exhaust. Reading some of the threads, now I'm concerned. Up till now I was just trying to find one that avoided stainless steel (with which I struggled for 30 years on a range surface and swore I'd avoid again). I'd looked at Dacor, Thermadore and similar brands, but now wonder if they're inappropriate. Comments?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fori is not pleased

Most of what you're trying to catch is food goo. You might find you cook more messy and exciting things with higher BTUs, but if you aren't inspired to change your cooking style and start messy cooking you probably won't have that big a difference. The gas itself SHOULD be burning fairly cleanly.

There's always induction. :)

Bookmark   September 10, 2013 at 10:22AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

You can inspect for grease buildup with your eyes and fingers.

Have you had the air tested? Otherwise you can't tell you have poor air quality unless it is so bad you or others in your kitchen have symptoms from a sickness/disease.

Given no exhaust fan, I would rather have induction than a sealed burner cooktop.

This post was edited by deeageaux on Tue, Sep 10, 13 at 18:32

Bookmark   September 10, 2013 at 3:10PM
More Discussions
DCS Gas range review
DCS gas range review
brett_champagne
Bluestar Precious Metals - Infused copper
Greetings, I am getting ready to order a 36" 6...
pitcom
How do you get deals on high-end appliances?
I'm pretty certain that I know what I want for my appliances....
carecooks
self cleaning oven racks
Almost all oven manufacturers require removing oven...
dickross
2 Weeks With my New ASKO Dishwasher--a review
Since very few people here have ASKO dishwashers or...
needinfo1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™