Virus?

sugar_flJuly 3, 2011

I went to a site & Avast blocked it. Then I did a boot time scan & it came up with the following. I told it to delete. Is this a virus & am I clean if it is? If it isn't clean what should I do. I no longer have HIGH JACK THIS link.

File C:\Users\Darlene\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\38\274ffee6-72837928:>langdriver\translator.class is infected by Java:Agent-DR [Expl], Deleted

Number of searched folders: 32982

Number of tested files: 674483

Number of infected files: 1

Thanks,

Dar

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
owbist

Dar according to your post it has found and deleted an infection. You can always confirm this by running another scan which should come back with a clean report.

I believe you have either Superantispyware or Malwarebytes. Run a full scan with which ever you have as well. We cannot be too careful these days.

Why do you feel you need HiJackThis? It is a dangerous program if used unwisely.

Bookmark   July 3, 2011 at 9:17AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sugar_fl

Owbist,
First of all.. the only reason I would have done a HJT would be to put a report in here.. NO! I would never do anything with it on my own.
I Have both MWB & Superantispyware & scan with them both often & do get the latest update. I did a full scan with both after getting blocked & came out clean with them. Then I did a boot time scan & found the virus.
I am going to do another boot time scan. I guess if it comes clean I am OK.. hope so.

I am using chrome browser. For some reason my extensions don't always work right. They will when I 1st put on Chrome then after awhile will just flash & go back off. We have re-installed Chrome but that didn't help. I have to close Chrome & open it back up if I want to use one of them.. no big deal really but shouldn't have to do that.

Also when I save my bookmarks to a flash drive it cuts them off before all get saved. Now I'm having to save them to the desktop then send them to the flash drive. Then I have to find them & drag them to the right folder. Again NO big deal but shouldn't have to do all that to save my bookmarks to a flash drive that has plenty of free space.. I save them onto 2 flash drives just in case.
Aren't computers fun :0)
Thanks for the answer,
Dar

Bookmark   July 3, 2011 at 10:25AM
More Discussions
clicking to open a link doesn't work
Recently I had my computer serviced, now when trying...
cornsnake_lover
setting defaults in Win8.1??
I was attempting to email a photo and it get this message...
carolssis
Chrome browser crashes
Every time I click a link to open with Chrome browser,...
grandms
Firefox too much security? frequent blocking
I continue to have problems with Firefox blocking and...
jerry_nj
switching mouse button
I'm using the mouse with my left hand and can't get...
Snomam
Sponsored Products
Oasis Black Hot/Cold Countertop Water Bottle Cooler
$379.00 | FRONTGATE
Multi Shoe Dryer
$99.50 | FRONTGATE
Terminix ALLCLEAR Backyard Mister with Bonus Brown Concentrate
$199.00 | FRONTGATE
Vinyl Samples: Armstrong Flooring River Park Slate Burnt Sienna Vinyl Plank
$8.85 | Home Depot
Viktor Air Purifier - Stadler Form Swizz Style
$399.99 | HORNE