where to put stove.....need help fast!!

Tracik3August 10, 2012

We are doing our final before drawings to go to print. I so wish I could get a picture here but it won't work. UGH

Anyway they have the stove next to the refrig with a little counter in between. Then there is a whole long counter then a little counter with the sink and a pass through to the living room. Sink and refrig can't be moved. But, I'm not sure I like the stove next to the regrig. I'm thinking the regrig will get greasy and its a ways from the sink. Should I move it to the long counter space? I hope someone understands this and can give some in sight!! Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
minneapolisite

I personally like having my stove next to a long counter run. That way I can chop vegetables on a cutting board next to the stove and transfer the chopped veggies into a pan/pot on the stove without having to carry them across the kitchen floor (during which I inevitably will spill some).

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 10:07AM
Tracik3

I was thinking of this and also when I need to put something hot into the sink. I also think it will look more uniform. That big counter space looks off balance or something.

I think I'm going to have it moved. Thanks!

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 10:33AM
mydreamhome

TraciK3- If you email me the picture of the layout, I'll get it posted for you. Just click on my user name and then click on 'Send an Email'. In the case of layouts, the old saying "A picture is worth a 1,000 words" is very true.

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 10:45PM
Annie Deighnaugh

I want at least 2' of counter space on either side of cooktop.

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 11:46PM
More Discussions
GC cost-plus sanity check
Building house in central Texas. Received preliminary...
pliesj
Would love some feedback on the schematic design of our home
My wife and I are first time builders and would love...
Shane Sherman
Can I get a closet in/next to an 8'x8' ensuite bath?
I have 8'x8' inside the walls for a bath, and I'd like...
edwardshome
Ventless fireplace
I know there is a fireplace section on the forum, but...
okla1706
Is the 'remote' home office worth it?
We need an office for DH that is away from the day-to-day...
edwardshome
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™