Jacuzzi Toilet Reviews?

sierrahhOctober 24, 2011

Saw a Jacuzzi Espree toilet at Lowes that has a very clean line with skirted base. Instead of a little ledge where the screw goes--the one with the little cover that's forever popping off when you clean--there is a round, flat access piece that opens up when you need it.

Looks nice. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with function? It's 1.28 gal flush and claims "superior flushing power." Funny how that phrase is not to be trusted except by experience!

Price at Lowes was under $300.

http://www.jacuzzi.com/baths/options/models/espree-high-efficiency

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
antss

I'd pass - how long have they been in the toilet business ???

American Standard has a very similar looking one (at lowes) for a hundred dollars less. They have been making toilets, that work, for about a century.

Why take a chance on the Jacuzzi?

Here is a link that might be useful: Am Std. toilet

Bookmark   October 25, 2011 at 5:11PM
64reno64

my plumber said they are hard to find parts for.

Bookmark   October 25, 2011 at 6:06PM
gmp3

I am looking at a different Jacuzzi model that is skirted and has a more traditional vibe. It fits my budget and will be in a less utilized powder room. I was hoping someone who bought one would chime in.

Bookmark   October 25, 2011 at 11:05PM
Lynne Reno

Search Terry Love's forums- that's the best source of unbiased reviews I have ever found and lots of plumber's post their opinions there too (link below)

Here is a link that might be useful: Terry Love Toilet Forum

Bookmark   October 26, 2011 at 1:01AM
sierrahh

Thanks for all your thoughts!

Decided to go with the Toto Guinevere, which also has a skirt. Costs a lot more but got some great recommendations from someone who has installed many that they function well in our mountain neighborhood.

Homeclick.com had a 10% off promotion plus free shipping. Since we need two, this was a significant savings.

Ordering fixtures and appliances is always a leap of faith until everything is installed and functioning. We shall see!

Bookmark   October 27, 2011 at 7:43PM
pezboy52

Stay away from these toilets! I have had one since last summer and have had nothing but problems with the return tube staying attached to the overflow tube. Bad design and water overflows from the tank lid and floods the floor.

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 8:56AM
ouroboroshouse

I've personally installed two Jacuzzi toilets in house (upstairs and downstairs) and have no regrets. They have a powerful flush that has moved everything we've dumped into them (no pun intended) and have had no issues whatsoever. I'd recommend them.

As for the American Standard someone else recommended, if their toilets are anything like their faucets I would stay away. My father has recently installed a new AmStan faucet in his bathroom and has had nothing but problems since. The first one leaked. So far AmStan customer service sent him two wrong cartriges and another one that leaked.

Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 6:26PM
More Discussions
Contractor messed up shower pan. Fixable?
My contractor who I'm firing tomorrow messed up my...
gwrussp
shower pan worries. Is any of his method correct?
Unsure about my plumber's method. Could I get some...
mmaggied
Shower glass strong enough to hold towel?
We will be getting semi-frameless glass shower walls....
risforremodel
Grout experts, Fusion Pro, Kerapoxy, Spectralock, Bostik?
Or Tec Power grout? I'm trying to choose something...
happyallison
Where to place/plan for grab bars
We are remodeling our hall bathroom (and kitchen)....
crl_
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™