Need Color Help

seasidemermaidOctober 27, 2012

In the process of remodeling our bathroom. We have a nice cast iron almond colored Kohler tub in excellent condition, but will need a new toilet and sink.

Having a really hard time figuring out what would actually look nice with an almond tub. We are leaning towards a porcelain tile called Everstone (color beige) and either an espresso or chestnut colored cabinet, but what color countertop? We'd like to stick with quartz due to durability.

For ease of matching, should we scrap the almond tub and go all white? If so, should we go acrylic or cast iron again?

Also, our kitchen has mocha stained maple cabinets. Would going with an espresso bathroom vanity be too drastic of a difference or does that even matter?

Any advice or inspirational photos would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

It is best to have all fixtures match. So if you want to stick with the almond tub, try to match the sinks and toilet as close to that as possible. If you want durability and seamless transition from sink to counter, you might consider corian counter instead of quartz. It is warmer, softer, quieter and just as durable. The seamless integrated sink makes it a breeze to clean.

We went with corian in the bath and are very happy.

We also used the same corian for the shower surround and the seat in the shower.

It doesn't matter if the bath cabinetry is a different style and/or color from the kitchen.

Bookmark   October 27, 2012 at 5:55PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seasidemermaid

Thanks for the suggestions and the photos! We will definitely sick with one color for the tub, toilet and sink. White seems to match everything, but the thought of scrapping the cast iron tub just to switch to white seems like such a waste. Problem is, I just can seem to visualize what matches with almond.

Bookmark   October 28, 2012 at 3:57PM
More Discussions
Trying to Match.....
I am trying to match a set of Dornbracht Madison lav....
Patricia Kuehne
mother of pearl tile
I'm thinking of doing my master bath with mother of...
berdavids
Anyone seen Hydroban board for sale?
Can't seem to find it anywhere. Can't tell if that's...
cataan
Where to place/plan for grab bars
We are remodeling our hall bathroom (and kitchen)....
crl_
My afterthought bathroom REVEAL
I was doing a major remodel on a guest bathroom and...
shappy22
Sponsored Products
Grace Purple King-size 3-Piece Duvet Cover Set
Overstock.com
Darya Rugs Oushak, Olive, 6'2" x 9'0" M1783-128
Darya Rugs
Sage Plaid Dishtowel - Set of Four
$12.99 | zulily
Pediment Double Gourd Table Lamp
$99.99 | Lamps Plus
A Dash of Cayenne Throw
$129.99 | Dot & Bo