Tile to ceiling?

lisadluOctober 29, 2013

I have a very small shower/toilet room with 8' ceilings and keep going back and forth between tiling the shower up to the ceiling or stopping about a 1' short of the ceiling. My concern is the area is so small it will look odd to have it tiled all the way to the ceiling in the shower unless we carry that tile onto an adjoining wall (which I don't want to do because of cost). The room is only 60" x 77" and the shower runs the length of one wall (60"). I'm using a plain white 10x16 tile with a vertical 12"w accent stripe of pebble stone running down the shower head side of wall. And the same pebble stone for the floor. I'm going to use either a ceiling mounted shower curtain track with 12" hanging chains or just an old fashioned curtain rod. Opinions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pricklypearcactus

I highly recommend tiling to the ceiling. I ran white faux marble 12x12 tile all the way to the ceiling in my fairly standard sized bathroom (maybe 6'x6') and it looks so much bigger than it did when the original tile stopped 1' from the ceiling. It draws the eye up and makes the shower look big.

Bookmark   October 29, 2013 at 1:49PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Babka NorCal 9b

We have 8' ceilings too, and my little 3x4 shower looks and feels twice that size compared to the old 1970's ceramic tile one that it replaced that didn't go all the way up.

-Babka

Bookmark   October 29, 2013 at 2:41PM
More Discussions
Another shower size questions
I am converting an alcove tub (60x30) to a shower....
cataan
Need help with master bath layout
Hello everyone I am designing my master bathroom. And...
adrituerk
Question for Bill or other expert about Redguard waterproofing
Bill, Hope you recall I posted the whirlpool / shower...
lenitsa
encaustic tile install?
I've fallen in love with these tiles but am completely...
daisychain01
Textured tile on the floor of shower for safety?
I read this suggestion somewhere, has anyone used this...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™