Capital Ranges

JaneBright17September 3, 2013

I was looking for a pro Range this weekend and saw the Capital Sealed burner 48" Range with a griddle and also the 48" Capital open burner Range. I loved the price of the sealed burner at $6400 but the open burner just looks awesome. Can anyone comment on the difference in performance between the two burners- sealed vs. open...? I am a moderately capable chef in the kitchen. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

I linked to a site of one of the larger Capital dealers in the Northeast.

You can see a lot compare and contrast.

They are open burner proponents but sell the Precision as well. You can't accuse them of favoring a product they sell vs one the don't sell. Because they sell both sealed and open burner Capital ranges.

You can google "gardenweb " + "culinarian" or "open burner" to get a lot of threads with a lot of information on the subject.

Here is a link that might be useful: LINK

Bookmark   September 3, 2013 at 3:21PM
tyguy

Simple answer is there is no real comparison in performance between the two. The culinarian is in a completely different league (higher) than its sealed precision siblings, and that is what justifies the much higher price of the cc.

Bookmark   September 3, 2013 at 7:52PM
joboxes

Open burners are superior in 2 key ways

1st - because of the airflow of an open burner the flame heads up instead of out the sides at an angle. This translates into more heat into the pot, vs into the room.

2nd - easy service. you can easily open, disassemble and repair an open burner. If you aren't technically inclined this means less hours for a service tech repairing your range

The culinarian is one of the best (american range has a pretty solid open burner option as well) because it has a LOT of burner openings for flame to hit the center of the pot. Excellent heat distribution to the pan and excellent simmer

Bookmark   September 3, 2013 at 9:44PM
More Discussions
Install Question for Subzero Undercounter UC24 BG/S Beverage Center
We're looking to install a Subzero UC24 BG/S Undercounter...
pbx2
Bluestar Precious Metals - Infused copper
Greetings, I am getting ready to order a 36" 6...
pitcom
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
True Refrigerator (residential)
I came across this beautiful photo of a True refrigerator...
ltislander
cooktop
Hi, I finally narrowed down to 3 different 30 inch...
wmc123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™