Make slate tile shiny?

rob333October 19, 2008

It looks so good when it's wet, and I thought, when we seal it, it'll look shinier; so did he. Today is the last day of our bathroom we've built from the ground floor up with your help! Yea! Thanks for the help settling little disruptions, but help us tweak it if you can!

-Robin

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bill_vincent

If you want it to have a shine, look for a top coat sealer-- something like MIracle's Mira-Gloss.

Bookmark   October 19, 2008 at 5:05PM
rob333

Thanks, it helped. Now then, it's still not as "shiny" as I want. Is this just inherent from the tile or can I do more coats and it get better?

Bookmark   October 20, 2008 at 12:13PM
bill_vincent

To SOME extent, it'll get better. You can't layer on 10 coats and expect to read the paper in the reflection! It wouldn't hurt to use another coat or two, though.

Bookmark   October 20, 2008 at 10:02PM
rob333

Thanks Bill, you're a darling! Now if you and Mongo were just here in person so you could talk to hubby in advance of the arguments... I could've avoided the vapor barrier fight, the sink fight (which he LOVES the height now, thanks to you Mongo)... and there wouldn't be so much dang concrete on the tub surround. I ended up teaching him how to grout after he stood over me, trying to tell me how to do it (eventually, I gave up and ended up letting him do it, then fixed his mistakes). And I also ended up teaching him how to properly drywall. He thought he knew so much, but when it comes to finesse, I'm the go-to gal (with a little help from my friends!) ;)

Bookmark   October 21, 2008 at 11:19AM
bill_vincent

MY wife's like that, too. It's like the old one liner-- I knew I was marrying Mrs. Right. I just didn't know her first name was ALWAYS!!

Since then, though, I've learned the two most important words in the English Language-- YES DEAR!! :-) (doesn't mean I always MEAN em, but I know how ta say em!)

Bookmark   October 21, 2008 at 9:08PM
More Discussions
need bathroom drain advice
Need advice. I am putting in a built in shower 3ft...
checkman123
Uberhaus Shower Column
Hello, I am looking for any feedback anyone can lend...
johnmaks
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
American Standard Vormax Toilet
Does any one have an experience with this toilet? http://www.americanstandard-us.com/vormax/ I...
David
HELP! 6 x 24 tiles are bowing
My tile guy was here today to install 6 x 24 porcelain...
cloub
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™