Color of floor register?
We are having a hard time determining what our floor register should look like in the powder room we are building in our 1851 row house. The room is small and already has a lot of different looks going on. We want to avoid more visual chaos. We are going for a traditional look, but want to avoid crossing the threshold into faux vintage, or what my DH and I call cheesy vintage. There are the other looks in the room:
* White hex tile - picture of newly laid tile is attached.
* Deep charcoal color paint on plaster walls
* Salvaged wood 4 panel door, redish pine, dark colored hardware
* White salvaged wall mounted sink, new polished chrome cross handles.
* Toto promenade toilet
* Flush mount bare bulb fixture, painted dark brass
So, what color should the register be? What pattern? What kind of metal?