Which sealer and when

salbwilOctober 4, 2012

Hi ,

I am reposting this question with a new header , hopefully will get an answer.

I have a Ming green marble and glass mosaic that will be used as an accent strip in my tub surround and I want to seal it. Do I use Miracle 511 before grouting or after , or both ? Also, my tile salesperson sold me a product called grout boost that the mechanic is supposed to use. Do people here recommend this , or should I not use it ?

many thanks for the help.

Salbwil

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

Don't know about grout boost.

Seal before grouting, being careful not to seal the sides of the tile at the spacing. I've been told that the grout wont stick. Then after it is grouted and dried throughly, seal again, going over both the tile and the grout as directed. Miracle 511 is highly recommended from post I've read. I have the penetrating type that I will use on my slate floor. I don't want enhancement of my stone. There are sealers that enhance the color as well.

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 3:59PM
salbwil

Thank you for the reply. The accent tiles are a very small ( 1/2 inch) ming green and glass mosaic . It will be difficult to get the sealer on just the face of the tiles, but I'm sure it can be done. Can anyone suggest an easy way of doing this ?
Thanks again,
salbwil

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 4:43PM
enduring

I think just a cloth lightly saturated with solution would work, just not soaking. Wipe it on. I did this last year on my marble tile without issue. As long as it is not dripping I think you will be ok. Read instructions and follow. The reason for sealing before grouting is to help the grout not stick to the surface while grouting. Making cleanup easier. Maybe someone else will be more familiar with the tech.

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 5:46PM
More Discussions
Contractor messed up shower pan. Fixable?
My contractor who I'm firing tomorrow messed up my...
gwrussp
shower pan worries. Is any of his method correct?
Unsure about my plumber's method. Could I get some...
mmaggied
Date on thinset
Someone mentioned they would help homeowners decode...
mmaggied
tile layout help master bath
I am planning to use 18 x18 on the floor and same tile...
abick2
Does anyone have their light switch NOT by the BR door?
Our new bathroom will be 5' deep by 11' long. There...
southofsa
Sponsored Products
Anova Furnishings 6 ft. Woodwind Backless Bench - FB6 - FRAME PEWTER - SEAT MAHO
Hayneedle
Number Stemless Wineglass Set
$39.99 | zulily
Hopson Leather Chaise - Brighton Volcano Brown
Joybird Furniture
Super Kazak Adina Collection 3' X 7' Barn Red Hand Knotted Wool Floral Rug H5117
BH Sun Inc
Freejack LED Selina Pendant
Lightology
Pahu Chrome Two-Light Square Canopy Bath Fixture with Transparent Olive and Opal
$495.00 | Bellacor
VIG Furniture - Modern White Leather Sectional Sofa - VGYILT117
Great Furniture Deal
Brick Light with Louver Face by Kichler
$168.00 | Lumens
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™