Ikea hemnes sink cabinet?

crl_October 15, 2012

Anyone have the Ikea Hemnes sink cabinet? I am wondering how the quality is and how it holds up. I know their kitchen cabinets are great, but don't know anything about the bath line really.

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Ike's Hemnes sink cabinet

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
southboundtrain

Funny, I just looked at this sink yesterday. Would also like to know if anyone has used it. I did wonder about the depth of the drawers--does that leave room for the plumbing? Thanks!

Bookmark   October 17, 2012 at 2:23PM
writersblock

>I did wonder about the depth of the drawers--does that leave room for the plumbing? Thanks!

There's about three inches at the back. If you look at the installation instructions for the ikea sink-counterops, you can see how the plumbing works. They mostly turn it sideways to make it fit. Of course, if you don't use their sinks, it can be a little more complex to make it happen, depending on what sink you get. If you get an undermount you're going to lose a lot of the top drawer, for sure. Vessels are fairly simple to plumb their way.

Bookmark   October 17, 2012 at 2:52PM
crl_

Southboundtrain, you are ahead of me as I haven't made the trek to idea to see the Hemnes sink cabinet yet. What did you think of it?

I would mostly likely use it with an ikea sink, because I would be trying to squeeze a double sink into a small space. So I am looking at the biggest Hemnes cabinet combined with one of the double sink tops.

Bookmark   October 17, 2012 at 4:56PM
More Discussions
Tile install question
I've been posting a lot about our upcoming master bath...
numbersjunkie
Stop Frameless Shower from Slamming Shut?
Just completed a renovation of our master suite and...
ntrainer
Quality Pocket Door Frames?
(Please accept my apology for the duplicate post -...
ahmnj
Ikea Lillangen - can it be used as vessel sink?
Hi, We are redo-ing our children's bathroom & purchased...
homeinprogressFL
Tile sizes and colors...help!
My husband and I are about to tear our hair out. We've...
alidanae
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™