Need advice on cabinet hardware

phxremodelOctober 23, 2013

The hardware we had chosen for our bathroom cabinets has been discontinued in polished chrome. We have pc throughout the bathroom, faucets, robe hooks, towel hooks. The one place that has satin chrome is on our sconces by the mirror.

What would satin chrome cabinet hardware look like with polished chrome accessories? Should be keep looking for replacement hardware or stay with what we like and switch to the satin chrome?

Will try and upload a few photos.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phxremodel

additional photo of cabinets

Bookmark   October 23, 2013 at 11:26AM
phxremodel

additional photo of the sconces

Bookmark   October 23, 2013 at 11:27AM
lotteryticket

You could try polished nickel. Some hardware looks enough like polished chrome that you don't really notice it unless it's close to a piece with chrome.

Maybe go to Home Depot and just get a couple of knobs to see how they look in the room and try both.

Bookmark   October 23, 2013 at 11:59AM
shanghaimom

If this were my bathroom, I'd stick with the polished chrome. There's so much out there--I would hope you could find another style you like. Your faucets are so shiny (I think we might have the same ones!) and I think more shiny would look best.

I do have a bathroom where I combined polished nickel pulls and knobs with polished chrome on everything else. I have to say, the nickel has not worn well. Wet hands, toothpaste hands--it has gotten quite tarnished. I would never do this combo again, at least in a bathroom.

Very pretty bath!

Bookmark   October 23, 2013 at 5:25PM
enduring

I think the brushed chrome and the polished chrome would go well together. The colors would be the same but the textures different. Can you get one pull and lay it on the counter and get a feel for its look over a few days? That is what I would do before investing in the whole set. I would not use polished nickel, as the colors are off.

Bookmark   October 23, 2013 at 8:17PM
More Discussions
? Factory sealed carrera tile- anyone??
I went to the tile store today and was planning on...
amspinn
extra tile decisions
It turns out I have more grey crackle tile than I needed...
edwina 1330
Quality Pocket Door Frames?
(Please accept my apology for the duplicate post -...
ahmnj
WWYD - Mosaic tile accents?
Starting to try to figure out some of the decor details...
numbersjunkie
Vanities on opposite walls -- how much width?
Hey all. We are trying to design a long and narrow...
jenmendel23
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™