Max size brick

floppyfishAugust 15, 2014

Hi everyone, I understand that using a Max sized brick is the most economical but I'm having problems locating manufactures. I have been looking at Hanson, as well as Brampton brick. Does anyone know of any other manufactures of brick? Or locations to check out besides Masons and Commonwealth brick?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
renovator8

Max is a Canadian size so I would think you would want to look at Canadian companies.

Bookmark   August 15, 2014 at 12:58PM
ontariomom

Floppyfish,

In our searches for brick (we live in Ontario, Canada) Brampton Brick and Hanson's were the only ones that had the max size that we found. Hanson had one or two Canadian lines which were different than the lines available in the US. There were other bricks companies we considered but they were only available in the smaller queen size (or so that was what we concluded). The latter tended to be available at both hard landscaping suppliers as well as the regular brick suppliers.

What colour brick are you searching for?. What province of Canada are you in?

Carol

Bookmark   August 15, 2014 at 3:56PM
amberm145_gw

Are you sure it's more economical? I've seen some pretty big brick out there. I'd imagine anything you save in a material/sq' sense would be eaten up by higher installation costs.

I've also only seen it on massive commercial warehouse buildings (owned by the brick company). I don't think it would be a nice look on a smaller scale house.

The company I saw that had it was called IXL, but they may be just local.

Bookmark   August 15, 2014 at 5:12PM
More Discussions
Frank Betz Kensington Park - opinions and any pictures please!
In the Air Force, thinking about building the Kensington...
dnasmith14
Would love some feedback on the schematic design of our home
My wife and I are first time builders and would love...
Shane Sherman
Well Water
For those of you with well water only. What systems...
Renee0829
Sending my floor plan modifications to the architect. Ideas?
I have to have all my structural changes decided by...
houserookie
House Looks Small Framed?!
our home is 3200 ft.², by no means small in my opinion....
23meghan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™