Changes at end of build?

mjtx2August 25, 2012

Okay here's a fun one: What changes can/did you do towards the END of your build? Be they extensive modifications or just small tweaks, what did you do at the end of the game to make your new home just right?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nini804

We added beams to the vaulted ceiling in our master. The master was originally drawn by the architect as a simple 10' ceiling like the rest of the house, but dh wanted to vault it as there is nothing above our master. Well, we did, and it became this enormous expanse of plain vaulted ceiling. Builder suggested beams, we *gulped* at the price...but OMG I am so glad we did it...makes a world of difference. And, as I told dh, adding beams later is not the kind of project you ever seem to get around to. We have so many other things (ambitious landscape plans, etc) plus
9 yo and 12 yo children that seem to occupy all of our $ and time...if we hadn't done it during the build, I don't know when we would have gotten around to it.

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 9:09AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mjtx2

That's a great late change! Worth the money I'm sure. I know I'm changing some light fixtures - some of the ones I ordered just weren't right. I'm also changing paint colors - just wondering how common last minute changes are!

Bookmark   August 26, 2012 at 8:14PM
More Discussions
help, is main gable too flat/not enough dimension?
last chance to change it. Will this front elevation...
msmith110705
The movers are scheduled, now what to do?
We called our movers and they will be here on the 16th....
aimless07
What are you doing for your security system?
I know that's an extra cost, but I was curious as to...
aimless07
Cathedral ceiling in the great room . . . do I want this?
Our plan shows a cathedral ceiling in the 16x27 great...
mrspete
Well Water
For those of you with well water only. What systems...
Renee0829
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™