Do your white bath fixtures match?

MizLizzieOctober 27, 2013

Has anyone mixed manufacturers of white fixtures? I really want to use the American Standard "Town Square" fixtures in my powder revamp, but their new enclosed trapway toilet is just not to my taste. If I had pulled the trigger six months ago, when I should have done, I wouldn't be in this fix.

Anyhoo, now thinking of using the Town Square pedestal sink with the Kohler Memoirs toilet -- the regular one, not the stately version. I am happy with how the designs match. And white is white, right?

Or not?

Thanks, all.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vpierce

I mixed American Standard Studio sinks with a Toto Promenade toilet. All whites are not the same, though. The American Standard white is not as bright a white as some manufacturers. In particular, the American Standard white was a match for the Toto Colonial White. So, you do have to compare the colors of different manufacturers if you're looking for a color match.

Bookmark   October 27, 2013 at 4:41PM
MizLizzie

Thanks, vickimp. I thought that might be the case. Glad you were able to match it up.

If anyone has combined AS with Kohler, I'd love to hear how it worked out for you.

Thanks.

Bookmark   October 27, 2013 at 8:02PM
vpierce

Just wanted to add that the showrooms I visited had sample cards showing the different colors available, so you could put the AS and Kohler cards side-by-side to see how the whites compare.

Bookmark   October 27, 2013 at 11:37PM
Babka NorCal 9b

Sample cards are very helpful if there isn't a fixture for you to see in person, but since these two companies are popular and in most showrooms, just take the cover off a Kohler "white" toilet and put it on the seat of an American Standard "white" nearby. That worked for me.

-Babka

Bookmark   October 28, 2013 at 2:25PM
MizLizzie

Genius idea on the cover! Thanks so much, folks. Off to the dreaded Fergusons . . . .

Bookmark   October 28, 2013 at 4:30PM
donnar57

I'm not so fussy, maybe, but I've got an American Standard white tub/shower combo, a white Kohler Santa Rosa toilet, and a white Home Depot brand sink, all within a few feet of each other. I personally cannot tell if there's a difference in the "white".

Donna

Bookmark   October 28, 2013 at 11:01PM
More Discussions
Experience with Enduroshield
Anybody have specific experience or feedback on the...
gardnr
Marble bathroom question?
I am a lurker on this forum and have learnt a lot from...
sokool1
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Does anyone know where to sell a brand new vanity
looking to sell locally only and tried craigslist this...
matdrew
WWYD - Mosaic tile accents?
Starting to try to figure out some of the decor details...
numbersjunkie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™