Anyone have the Kohler Laminar tub filler?

ggdallOctober 23, 2011

I keep going back to this one but I am scared. There is a video on you tube of one behaving badly. No idea whether that person installed it himself or had it professionally done. Anyone have it? I have been told they splash a little when first turned on, but that is ceases when you have a few inches of water in the tub, but splashing will stay in tub if it is a reasonably sized one. Any truth to this? Looking for one to fill a modern looking freestanding up 71" by 32" Thanks in advance!

G.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
antss

Yes they splash , especially if it's a ceiling mount on a 9' or taller ceiling.

Yes, it stops when the water gets to a few inches in depth.

Re: the tub size vs. splash - bigger can be better , but it's not an absolute. We've found that it has more to do with the flatness and texture of the tub bottom and where the stream hits.

Last one we did 4.5' x 6.5' tub with an 8-10" deck and it still splashes the walls in a one or two spots for a minute. The mount ht. is above 9' from the tub. Enough water to show up as spots on a painted wall , but no puddles . Spots dry out fine though. Could be a problem if you want a flat painted wall, paper or matte wallpaper, or some decorative finish. With tile, slab, or vinyl wallpaper you won't give it a thought.

Bookmark   October 25, 2011 at 5:23PM
More Discussions
Vanities on opposite walls -- how much width?
Hey all. We are trying to design a long and narrow...
jenmendel23
Small bathroom from scratch - layout help needed
http://www.homestyler.com/designprofile/b86dc96a-7c58-42f3-8ba3-408b7c9610f2...
peace_rose
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
WWYD - Mosaic tile accents?
Starting to try to figure out some of the decor details...
numbersjunkie
Experience with Enduroshield
Anybody have specific experience or feedback on the...
gardnr
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™