Bath remodel -online carerra marble basketweave tile?

saintpflaOctober 19, 2012

Hi Everyone,

I posted this originally over in kitchen forum by mistake. I'm getting ready to start a bath renno and have to buy my tile. The clock is ticking! Yipes!

I have not found a local resources that I like price-wise. I'm looking for something similar to this style plus white carerra marble subway tile for the bath surround. My house is a 1906 bungalow, so a small bathroom in size.

http://www.katyelliott.com/blog/uploaded_images/carrera_basketweave-778089.jpg

I've narrowed down to MS&T.com and also thebuilderdepot.com

I am in the Tampa Bay area. I just have not seen anything local...perhaps I've missed a resouce? One place wanted $25.99/sq ft which to me was insane...

My project starts on November 1st....yes, I'm under the gun!

Please help! Thanks! :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sriirvine

saintpfla, we are doing pretty much the same tile. We found it at Lowes.

I took a quick look on lowes.com and this is what I saw:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_382305-27315-MS00683_0__?productId=3614404&Ntt=basketweave+marble+tile&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dbasketweave%2Bmarble%2Btile&facetInfo=

But at least two of the local Lowes sell this for approx $10-11 a sq ft. in individuals sq ft with mesh backing.

Bookmark   October 19, 2012 at 4:37PM
kirkhall

This will seem silly, but did you check Amazon?
They have it--

Here is a link that might be useful: marble basketweave

Bookmark   October 19, 2012 at 6:13PM
saintpfla

Thanks for the responses.

I have looked at Lowes and even seen it in person. It's nice tile. But, it's not 'polished' it's 'honed'. I'm looking for polished finish.

I did check Amazon as well. I was hoping to try a resource that others have used successfully in the past. It's a lot of money to just take a chance with an 'unknown' provider.

Bookmark   October 19, 2012 at 10:24PM
sserra85

have you checked artwalk? I know they have lots of tile, but have not checked the site for marble/mosaics

Bookmark   October 20, 2012 at 9:48AM
kfhl

I recently purchased carrara hex from thebuilderdepot.com. It ordered it on a Saturday and it arrived on Tuesday around noon. It was well packed and it looked much like the sample I received. The install is not complete, but the tile guy told me that he really liked it and thought the quality was good. I'm not sure that it is as pristine as some of the pricier marbles, but it gives me the look I want at a price than I can afford - less than 1/2 of the price of what I could get locally. Good luck!

Bookmark   October 22, 2012 at 2:22PM
saintpfla

Hi KFHL!

Thanks for the feedback! That's perfect! I fall within that 'spectrum' as well from a priceline.

Plus, I think when you choose a marble floor with a pattern, such as black&white basketweave, it gets difficult to tell the high-dollar from mid-range, anyway - unless you are a marble expert.

At least, to me it seems that way.....

I'm looking at around a $1000 spend overall between the bath surround and the floor, so I want to see if others have had positive experiences with the quality and service.

I just ordered a Sample tile from MTS (mosaic tile store). They're prices seem very good as well. It will be interesting to see what the product looks like.

Bookmark   October 22, 2012 at 6:05PM
More Discussions
Conflicting Contractors: how to anchor a shower niche shelf
Dear Bathroom Wizards, We put an 18-inch wide, extra-tall...
hobobrian
Quality manufacturer of bathroom fixtures?
We would like to purchase the best quality for a low...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Finished Conestoga cabs bathroom
This wasn't our usual full DIY, we paid for the tile...
justterrilynn
Showers 101
I'm hoping there is someone who can direct me to a...
jpbenstock
Can you offer links to online Tile Retailers?
Just wanted to get a start at looking at tile. Anyone...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™