Rainshower plus handshower for @ $700??

twingleOctober 28, 2012

New to bathroom renos. I would like to get a Rainshower plus handshower system for my new tub. Are there any great quality systems for @ $700?? What ele do I need to buy? Valves? The things that you turn to turn water on & off? Are there brands to avoid? Are plastic parts a big no no ?? What do you have? Do you like/love/hate it?? Does the rainshower have good pressure??? Big thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mydreamhome

When you say rainshower are you referring to the shower head (rainshower style) or the placement of the showerhead (shower head that descends from the ceiling)?

We have both a rainshower type shower head that extends from the shower arm on the wall as well as one that descends from the ceiling + a handshower. We rarely use the one that descends from the ceiling. We have a diverter valve that allows us to have just 1 of the three on, 2 of the three on or all 3 on at the same time. The water pressure does go down slightly when you turn on the 2nd and 3rd heads, but all are still easily usable. We really like our set up and wouldn't change it. Ours was the floor display as the finish was being discontinued so we got a great deal, but I think it ran ~$700 retail.

You will need valves, control trim kits, shower heads, diverter, handshower, elbow for handshower & either a clip or slide bar for the handshower (we went with the slide bar for greater flexibility)--I'm sure I'm missing something. We went with Delta. As far as plastic, the handshowers are usually plastic with the same finish as the control trim. If it was metal, you risk breaking tile/chipping the shower floor if it falls. Much cheaper & easier to replace the shower head. Pressure in the rainhead will largely depend on the water pressure in your house and how many other water sources are running at the same time.

Hope this helps!

Bookmark   October 28, 2012 at 11:35PM
More Discussions
suggestions for double vanity between 2 walls
I'm looking for suggestions for a (or pictures of your)...
A McK
need bathroom drain advice
Need advice. I am putting in a built in shower 3ft...
checkman123
Need bathroom sink/mirror/sconce advice asap!!
Hello everyone, we are in a total pickle over what...
Jenn Cassie
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
Thinking about the new Bain Geysair Oval Plus. Opinions/Exp?
Hi, I think this really is the time we are actually...
raehelen
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™