Thermador Induction Cooktop Question

jengeorgesonSeptember 28, 2013

I accidentally posted this in the kitchen forum so reposting here:

I'm currently shopping for kitchen appliances for the new home we're building. A local appliance store has an older model 36" Thermador induction cooktop that has been a floor model in their showroom for a little over 4 years (I think it's even been sitting in a back room in the store for quite some time). They want to get rid of it because they said nobody buys induction in our area and it hasn't received much interest. It doesn't have a scratch on it & looks brand new. They offered to sell it to me with full warranty for $800. The model number is CIT365DS. I would love to hear opinions about whether this would be a good or bad idea for our new home. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
llaatt22

"nobody buys induction ......"?

Uh huh.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/thermador.html

Bookmark   September 28, 2013 at 7:29PM
mnnie

Love my 36" Thermador induction. You are always going to find some that have bad experiences with any brand, many of them posting here. However, if you look at consumer sites (e.g., Consumer Reports) that factor in higher number of consumer experiences, you'll find that Thermador is well regarded. Before buying our kitchen appliances, we talked to an authorized service provider of multiple appliances - they were most impressed with Thermador.

Bookmark   September 29, 2013 at 9:46AM
joc6820

Induction is great, see the many, many threads on this forum for all the opinions and experiences. I have a Thermador induction top, it's also been great.

Bookmark   September 29, 2013 at 4:11PM
jadeite

We have a 36" Thermador induction cooktop, installed about 15 months ago. I love cooking on it, DH loves the easy clean up. I would buy one for $800 in a heartbeat.

Cheryl

Bookmark   September 29, 2013 at 11:25PM
weedmeister

I would buy a Thermador induction top site unseen for $800.

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 5:44PM
More Discussions
48 inch Bertazoni Dual Fuel or MIELE Range and Combi Oven Steamer
I am putting my options of getting the range. I have...
hkwan
cooktop
Hi, I finally narrowed down to 3 different 30 inch...
wmc123
Install Question for Subzero Undercounter UC24 BG/S Beverage Center
We're looking to install a Subzero UC24 BG/S Undercounter...
pbx2
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
How do you get deals on high-end appliances?
I'm pretty certain that I know what I want for my appliances....
carecooks
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™