Elextrolux wall oven as undercounter?

AllyPhillyAugust 14, 2012

Thanks to everyone's rave reviews here, I chose the Electrolux 30" wall oven (EW30EW55GS) to be mounted under a Wolf 30" range. My architect is convinced that this cannot and should not happen, for three reasons:

1. The shape of the Electrolux oven would not accommodate the Wolf cooktop; (This is not clear to me from the spec sheets, nor will an Electrolux rep say definitively one way or the other.)

2. More generally, she's encouraging me to use the same brand for cooktop + oven;

3. The slightly bowed shape of the Electrolux oven door results in a 1 15/16" projection of the top instrument panel and door from the cabinet face front. With a 1" standard counter overhang, this means an additional 15/16" that the oven will project in front of the counter edge. Architect is worried this will both look funny and be annoying when cooktop spills fall on the top edge of the panel trim.

Thoughts? I really want to make this combo work. If I have to give up on the Wolf cookstop, can anyone speak to a successful installation of Elux wall oven _ Elux cooktop together?

Thanks! Ally in Philly...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
attofarad

I was going to do this (other brands), but I tried some in the appliance store. Mounting a separate oven under a cooktop made the oven even lower than one in a range, which was just too low for my wife's bad back. This may not be a concern for you (and would not if it were just me).

If you decide to go with Elux + Elux, I suggest that you consider the induction range EW30IS65JS.

Bookmark   August 15, 2012 at 12:48PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
llaatt22

If you have room, there is the possibility of not installing the oven and cooktop together, one above the other. That way you would also have more options when it comes to replacement appliance choices later.

Bookmark   August 16, 2012 at 3:29PM
More Discussions
Anybody seen/used the new Bosch Benchmark appliances?
I think they are shipping these now. I have largely...
Juno_barks
True Refrigerator (residential)
I came across this beautiful photo of a True refrigerator...
ltislander
cooktop
Hi, I finally narrowed down to 3 different 30 inch...
wmc123
Double Gaggeneau Oven vs. Single with Microwave/Convection
We are in the middle of remodeling our kitchen. I...
C C
Cabinet front dishwashers
We are putting in two cabinet-front dishwashers in...
mwinfield
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™