Samsung vs Kenmore Elite French Door Fridge

swfrAugust 26, 2013

We are building a house and need to purchase all new appliances. I am looking at the 28 c.f. Samsung, which we had in the house we just sold and liked well enough. Although I have to say that the ice maker was always a sore spot-- we were always running out of ice and when it dropped a fresh load from the maker into the dispenser it was loud enough to hear all over our house!
I am comparing it to the 31 c.f. Kenmore Elite, which has the ice maker in the door (which hopefully means it is quieter) and obviously has a bit more space. But the reviews just aren't quite as good and it will end up costing me about $200 more dollars.
The other factor is that we are going to have our additional fridge just a few steps away in our walk-in pantry. So the extra space isn't too much of an incentive.
I was hoping that maybe someone on here could give some guidance about how I should decide? Thanks!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weedmeister

Are you aware that Lowes has a special model of the Samsung that has two ice makers, one in the bottom drawer?

Bookmark   August 27, 2013 at 4:19PM
More Discussions
Best place to buy appliance parts
I have a GE range (6 yrs of age) for which I need parts....
puzzlefan
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
48 inch Bertazoni Dual Fuel or MIELE Range and Combi Oven Steamer
I am putting my options of getting the range. I have...
hkwan
2 Weeks With my New ASKO Dishwasher--a review
Since very few people here have ASKO dishwashers or...
needinfo1
self cleaning oven racks
Almost all oven manufacturers require removing oven...
dickross
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™