New posters

don_1_2006June 2, 2011

Does anyone know what is happening with new posters bringing up old posts? One I know was started in 2005 and they are posting to it like it was three days old. That and the limit of 150 posts seems gone. One at Home Repairs is now at 186 posts. They post using e-mail addresses. They can post but I can't reply. Is strange.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

most of the ones I have seen that have been dug up from long past were done so by some one spreading spam with links to their sites or in some cases dangerous sites.

You could submit those questions to the powers that be using the contact us option at the bottom of the pages.

Bookmark   June 2, 2011 at 6:23PM
owbist

If you mean the thread linked below then it is as RC notes, pure Spam. These folks get a good commission if they can encourage folks to download from their site, thus the incentive to scour the net via Google for these types of threads.

Here is a link that might be useful: Old post resurrected

Bookmark   June 2, 2011 at 9:11PM
chas045

Yes spam is an issue, but there are perfectly understandable reasons as well. Almost everyone got to Gardenweb the first time via google or yahoo and some of us didn't notice that the link we brought up was ancient. In addition, especially in home advise and in my case toolshed (engine repair), some of those threads continue for years with useful information.

Bookmark   June 4, 2011 at 4:14PM
don_1_2006

Spam really isn't what I am referring to. In the Home Repair forum there is a category about Craftsman garage door openers with 186 posts. No one has replied to the last 36 posters because you can't but they are somehow able to just keep going. I would think at some point they would catch on.

Bookmark   June 4, 2011 at 7:18PM
txtom50

while i have sympathy for new folks searching for answers, if its from a previous year I ignore it.

Bookmark   June 5, 2011 at 5:58AM
More Discussions
need help again regarding free office program
I asked for help in this area recently and never was...
Lea Grabb
What's with this new Houzz thing?
Been away a couple days, and came back to this, what...
shaddy101
Adobe flash player and pdf reader installation on Win8
I have a new Win 8 touch screen laptop. I've been using...
hald
Internet Explorer keeps shutting down
I have just ignored this problem for the past 3 months...
Lea Grabb
Basic Video Help Needed
I know almost nothing about getting videos from video...
chas045
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™