Tablet for 9 yr. old

abreezeJune 17, 2013

I've been researching the internet for an inexpensive (under $100, if possible) tablet for my sister's granddaughter. I've been at this for several weeks and am getting dizzy from reading specs and reviews! :) The thought occurred to me that someone here might be able to offer some helpful information. She's won recognition as the best reader in her class.

Thank you.
abreeze

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emma

I found a Syvania Tablet at Big Lots. It was less than a hundred and I like it. I bought it mainly to play with and now am going to use it as an e reader.

Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 6:42PM
SnidelyWhiplash

If intended for reading, there's no better choice than a Kindle from Amazon. There are thousands and thousands of free Kindle books, plus libraries offer free Kindle format checkouts via Overdrive.

Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 11:30PM
acraftylady

I agree if she wants to read a simple e-ink kindle and if you library does ebooks she can find loads of kids ones to check out on the device. Mary

Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 11:58PM
abreeze

Thanks, everyone. Good suggestions.

Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 11:36PM
owbist

Don't expect a library to have a book available any time you log on. One book I wanted had 56 people lined up ahead of me - that represents 2 years of waiting. No doubt lesser books are there but popular books might prove a challenge

Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 6:11AM
acraftylady

I haven't had a problem with popular books from our library, a bit of a wait but not 2yrs. Even if you get on the list here for a physical book you still have a wait sometimes too so not really different. Mary

Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 9:44AM
SnidelyWhiplash

Most people can easily handle a "wait 2 years" or "pay $10 for your own copy" situation. I'm surprised anyone would bother joining a wait list longer than a few months.

Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 10:49AM
More Discussions
What's with this new Houzz thing?
Been away a couple days, and came back to this, what...
shaddy101
Google Stylish add-on help
I have Google Stylish add-on but don't know how to...
Cricketm
GW/Houzz page rendering on my browser
Weird question about GW/Houzz, over the last six months,...
dbarron
which tablet
Shopping for a friend's 11yr old GD who wants a 10"...
abreeze
Lenovo Preinstalls Malware on Laptops
On the Yahoo News Tech page today, February 19, 2015,...
haldd
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™