New range...help!

altoddAugust 18, 2012

We're looking for a 60" range and are really confused. We loved the blue star 60" with 24" raised griddle/broiler, but keep seeing unflattering reviews regarding customer service, repairers, etc. Are these posts well founded? Ive noticed that many of the negative posts are dated...do these problems still exist or has the company solved them? Anyone have alternative suggestions? We don't mind paying for a high quality product but don't want to buy a headache. Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

If you want to know specifics reagarding service post the general area where you live. Someone may have first hand knowledge or direct you to the local service provider. You can talk to them and make your own conclusions.

In general it seems BS customer service and quality is on the upswing.They also had a high about 4 years ago only to hit another trough but it is back up again.They used to be the only open burner residential range on the market but now they have competition,so they have strong incentive not to fall back again.

Some people don't like Bluestar fit and finish others think it is fine. Some think the oven door gets too hot most owners think it is acceptable.

The only real competition in 60" is the Capital Culinarian. Vs the BS it does not have a dedicated simmer burner,Salmon broiler,french top, or french door option, and it has margianlly smaller ovens.

The Culinarian offers motorized rotisserie,self-clean,cool oven door,and easy glide racks.

Asking which is better usually starts a flame war as both have passionate fans.

BTW I own a 36 Capital Culinarian self-clean model.

Google bluestar culinarian gardenweb to get lots of info regarding these ranges and comparisons.

Check out link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: LINK

Bookmark   August 19, 2012 at 3:11AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

The biggest thing to consider with any pro style range is the ventilation issues that it will bring to your plan. You will need at least a 54" 1200 CFM hood to match up, and in many locations of the country, that means makeup air with an ERV. Your venting needs can cost as much or more than the range. Is that a road you are prepared to go down?

Bookmark   August 19, 2012 at 10:16AM
More Discussions
New Bluestar elec wall oven vs New Viking french door wall oven
Has anyone had a chance to use either the New BlueStar...
sherry0117
Ordered my BlueStar!
I ordered and paid my deposit on my BlueStar on Saturday....
Debbi Branka
ELECTROLUX ICON FREESTANDING DUAL-FUEL RANGE or KITCHEN AID
I am about to purchase a dual –fuel, 30 “freestanding...
AreBe
Coffee Machines
What is the best built in coffee machine for your buck?...
J Saleh
Any thoughts about Bosch and GE Profile appliances?
I am building a passive house and trying to choose...
di77ce
Sponsored Products
Sea Gull Lighting Chandeliers Ellington 12-Light Burnt Sienna Single Tier
Home Depot
18x18 Mongolia Black Basalt Bathroom Drop-in Sink - LEXA
Living'ROC
Mitchell Sofa - Cordova Picante Orange
Joybird Furniture
Meridian 2-Tier Chandelier by Hinkley Lighting
$1,199.00 | Lumens
Brook 3 Drawer Media Chest - Black - BP800TVB
$498.00 | Hayneedle
'Cupello' 2-Light Frosted Glass Vanity Light Fixture
Overstock.com
Porcelina Tapered Clips 24-Inch Six-Light Brushed Nickel 5000 Lumen LED Pendant
Bellacor
New Authentic Navy Chobi Peshawar 8' X 10' Hand Knotted Pakistani Wool Rug H3812
BH Sun Inc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™