Electric ovens recommended?

diab123August 22, 2012

Remodeling! Please send info on electric convection wall ovens (Brand and Model please) that you love ...and why!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wekick

If you scroll down you will find this.
Ranking Ovens
There is also a search function at the bottom of the appliance page to find more threads.

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 8:33AM
Texasgal47

My 500 series Bosch 27" single wall oven was installed last October. Criteria most important to me were oven reliability and having an accurate, even oven temperature. The interior dimensions are quite large for an oven of this size. PROS: (1)construction seems solid & well made, (2) very quiet fan (3) accurate, even baking, (4) does not seem to put too much heat into the kitchen (5) extremely easy to operate with two large knobs to turn, (6) racks glide out easily (7) very bright oven light, (8) convetion is easy to use, just reduce the usual temperature by 25 degrees, and (9) the stainless does not show fingerprints easily. CONS: (1) If you have the oven light on and open the door, when you close it, the light automatically goes off. Therefore, you're having to turn that oven light back on each time you check on something in the oven, (2) oven knobs are made of plastic, (3) If you want ball bearing racks, they must be ordered extra. Just as an aside, if you want an item to brown, it must be baked on convection in this oven. Would I choose this oven again? -- Most definately.

Bookmark   August 26, 2012 at 2:13AM
ginny20

Elux 30" double convection wall oven, non-icon with wavetouch controls.

Why - Lots of features, reliable, 4 easy glide racks

It is true that two single ovens will have fewer problems than a double. Some people like a single convection and a speed oven.

Ranking Ovens thread that wekick referenced has a lot of info.

Bookmark   August 26, 2012 at 3:22PM
a2gemini

Advantium 240 and Wolf E series
Although I ogles the Elux Icon with those gliding racks!

Bookmark   August 26, 2012 at 7:47PM
More Discussions
Wolf MDL error update
Wolf came out today and they are going to replace the...
a2gemini
Daily Luxury Convenience (Combi Steam) vs. Tried & True Dbl Oven
I asked questions about the steam oven last month....
lawjedi
New KitchenAid launch in April 2015
Hi, everyone. Sorry if this has already been discussed....
kiwigem
steam damage to cabinets from steam oven or warming drawer?
When we had a kitchenaid dishwasher, the hot moist...
houztongirl
miele dishwasher gold substance explosion
i had a new water heater installed this morning and...
abenyjones
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™